C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N

Squad 6, Truck 23, Ambulance 12, Engine 90, warehouse fire, 5823 West Clemont Drive

Squad Lieutenant Alyssa Torres groans as she sits up from her bed and immediately slides out from under the blankets and runs towards the apparatus floor.

It was seven o'clock at night, the charity event was starting at eight and their shift wasn't over until nine.

"We're so missing that charity event," Liam King says as they slide on their turnout pants at the side of the Squad 6 truck.

"We might make it," she shrugs, wanting nothing more than to see Antonio Dawson in a suit. "Hopefully it doesn't take too long."

"Why? Hot date?" Richard Gray smirks, not expecting the woman to actually have a date.

"Yep," she answers as she climbs into the truck, making everyone's jaw drop.

"Wait what?" Jack Connors asks as everyone else jumps into the truck and Henry Davis starts it. "Who?"

"Just someone," she shrugs.

"Do we know him?" Lucas William asks.

"Possibly."

"Come on, tell us who it is!" Logan William cries and the woman smirks as the truck pulls out of the firehouse.

"You'll find out at the dinner tonight."

"You're so mean," Owen Bailey groans, causing the lieutenant to smirk.

"I get a kick out of it," she chuckles.

The rest of the ride was silent as Davis continued to drive towards the accident scene.

Alyssa continued to look out the front window, watching the cars move out of the way.

All she was thinking about was Antonio Dawson in a suit, ripping off whatever dress she was wearing after the charity event.

She loves running her hands down his chest and was planning on doing just that as soon as he removed his shirt.

The woman could imagine him removing his tie in the sexiest way possible and using it to either tie her hands behind her back or blindfold her.

She felt bad that there was a possibility that she would completely miss the charity event and leave Antonio there alone.

The truck stops in front of the warehouse and the members of Firehouse 90 jump out of their rigs.

"What've we got?" Chief Derek Magana calls to a group of workers.

"We were on lunch and I guess Davy brought in some alcohol and it caught a flame or a spark or something and the entire thing went up in flames!" one answers.

"How many are inside?" Torres asks, looking at the man.

"At least a dozen, maybe more," the man answers, and the lieutenant nods.

"Squad, suit up, search and rescue. Truck, go vent," Magana orders.

Torres and her team slide on their oxygen mask and tank before running into the front doors of the building.

"Team B, take the first floor, Team A, let's go to the second floor. Radio every person you find."

The ten members of the Squad split up and Connors, King, Johnson, and Perez followed the lieutenant while Bailey, both Williams, and Davis followed Co-Lieutenant Gray.

"Search every room, we're not done until we know everyone's out!" She calls to them before Team A split apart to search different rooms.

"Attention Squad 6, we have confirmed there are fourteen people inside," Magana calls.