C H A P T E R - F O R T Y

Alyssa Torres and Kelly Severide entered their apartment, Kelly's arms filled with groceries and Alyssa leading Cosmo.

While the man unloaded the groceries and put them away, she jumped on the couch, Cosmo joining her.

She began to spoil the dogs, petting him, hugging him, and kissing him.

"Would you like to date the dog instead of me?" Kelly laughs, looking over at the woman who was repeatedly kissing the puppy in her arms.

"Definitely not," Alyssa says, bringing her attention up to the man who was stacking the boxes of the treats that they'd gotten on the kitchen island. "Cosmo can't do all the things you can do."

"Are you saying that if he could do everything I would do then you'd want him over me?"

"Depends," she smirks, wrapping her arms around the dog and holding him.

"What can I do that Cosmo can't do?" Kelly chuckles, walking around the kitchen island and sitting on the couch at the end so Cosmo was in between them.

"Kiss me, hug me, hold me," Torres says, picking up Cosmo and setting him on the floor since she could tell he was getting restless of being smothered with attention.

She slid over closer to the man, crossing her legs under herself.

He looked down at her, his eyes boring into hers heavily.

"And which one of those do you want me to do right now?" Kelly murmurs, his voice low since the woman was so close to him.

One hand dropped down and settled on her thigh, the other resting on the back of the couch.

Alyssa smiles before leaning up, pressing her lips to the mans'. Her lips met his forcefully and the hand on her thigh tightly gripped her waist. Butterflies instantly erupted in her stomach at the feeling of his lips on hers.

He let out a surprised groan against her lips but instantly started to kiss back.

Her hands had wrapped around his neck when she'd started the kiss and she used her grasp to pull herself closer to the man, moving to sit in his lap.

Both of his arms wrapped around her waist, gripping the back of her shirt to keep a hold on the woman.

It wasn't often that Alyssa initiated a powerful kiss like this one but Kelly didn't find himself minding. Just the feeling of his lips on hers made her feel safe and as if she was at home. That was the power that Kelly had over the woman. She was in the palm of his hand and he was doing everything in his power to make the woman feel safe and as if she could be herself and not have to put up a wall. That was what Alyssa was good at - putting up a wall and pushing everyone away. She'd done it since she was a teenager and she wasn't proud of it. She always just found it easier to have no one than to open up to people.

Once Torres was comfortable on the man's lap, she moved her legs from underneath her and wrapped them around the man's waist, pulling them that final bit closer so that their chests were so pressed together not even a piece of paper would fit between them.

Kelly adjusted himself on the couch, laying the woman down on the couch in front of him.

He took in her body, every inch and aspect of it as far down as he could see since her legs were still winded around his middle.

For the first time in a while, Alyssa felt nervous under a man's grasp. Especially after being forced into such an intimate event, she felt as if she wasn't good enough. She'd always been a gorgeous woman and she'd always known that. She'd never felt as if she wasn't good for anyone, normally she felt as if the person she was with wasn't good enough for her.