C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - N I N E

Alyssa Torres woke up around two o'clock the next morning. Her back was pressed to Kelly Severide's chest and his arms were tightly wrapped around her waist.

Kelly's chest was radiating warmth that made the woman sleepy but she couldn't seem to fall asleep yet.

"Kells," she mumbles, poking the man's chest to see if he could easily wake up.

But he didn't.

The woman lets out a groan as she turns around, burying her face into Kelly's bare chest, enjoying the faint smell of his cologne coming off of it.

"Kells," she says once more, kissing his neck.

Severide shifts in the bed, pushing the woman closer to him, and tightening his grip around her waist.

Finally concluding that the man wasn't going to wake up, she turns around, her back to his chest once more, and grabs her phone from the nightstand, unlocking it and opens. Youtube.

She props the phone up on the bed, snuggling back into the man's warm chest as she picks a video from the How To Cook That channel.

"What are you doing up, Princess?" a sleepy voice murmurs behind the woman about halfway through the first video.

"Couldn't sleep," she answers as Kelly places a gentle kiss on her neck.

The man lets out a small groan and tightens his grip around the woman, moving onto his side even more to bring his chest fully to the woman's back.

"Go back to bed, baby girl," he mumbles, pulling the woman back into him.

The woman nods, trying to convince the man that she would fall asleep so that he would fall asleep and she could continue to watch Youtube.

"You're not gonna go back to bed, are you, baby girl?" Kelly asks, a small smirk on his face, knowing the woman quite well.

"No," she answers with a small shy laugh.

"Come here," he mumbles, rolling onto his back, pulling the woman onto his chest.

Alyssa climbs onto his chest, straddling him and burying her face into his neck.

His hands begin to rub up and down her back as he buries his face into her neck.

He places a gentle kiss on her neck.

"You feel okay?" Kelly whispers and she gives a small nod.

"I just want you to hold me."

Kelly nods, pressing the woman closer to his chest.

Alyssa slowly began to fall asleep, her face buried in the man's neck and her arms tightly wrapped around his neck.

The man continued to rub one hand up and down her back while the other one ran through her hair.

"I want you, Lys," he mutters, "and I need you. And I know you don't feel the same way."

The woman laying on his chest turns around, her back now to his chest and her hands go over her shoulders, wrapping around the man's neck from that way.

Kelly wraps his hands around the woman's waist, covering the woman's exposed skin on her stomach where the hoodie of his that she was wearing had ridden up.

His fingers begin to trace the slight indents in her stomach from her abs, causing the woman to slightly wiggle her hips before settling against the man.

He pulls her closer to his chest, burying his face into her neck and gently kissing her tanned skin.

The man slowly began to fall asleep, holding the woman that he wanted close to him as he breathed in the flowery smell of her hair. There was this hint of smoke that was coming from the woman that Kelly found odd. She hadn't been to work in almost a month so there was no reason that the woman should smell of smoke. It seemed as if smoke was just coming from her like she was sweating and exhaling smoke constantly. It was her signature smell. The smell that lingered in every room she was in. It was the smell that followed her around, that couldn't be masked by any amount of perfume.