C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y

Alyssa Torres and Kelly Severide stayed on the roof for a few more minutes, tightly embraced, and staring out at their home city together.

The sun was setting, casting a yellowish-pink haze over Chicago. The city lights sparkled and shone out through the small amount of darkness that was slowly beginning to cross the city.

"I love you," Kelly murmurs, his chin on top of her head, both of their gazes at the city.

"I love you too," the woman answers, overjoyed that this was going to become an everyday thing for the two.

He gently places a kiss on the top of her head before wrapping his arms tighter around her, keeping her close to him.

Close to him was the way he loved her best. When she was close to him, he could protect her, he could hold her, and make sure nothing bad happened to her.

"Come on, baby girl, let's go back home, it's gonna get cold," he mumbles, leaning back and looking at the woman to see her facial response.

"But it's so pretty," she smiles and Kelly smiles at her smile.

"Come on, baby," he says, rubbing his hands up and down her back.

Alyssa gives a small frown as she moves to her tiptoes, pressing her lips to his.

The man wraps his arms around her, lifting her feet from the floor as their lips work quickly together.

"I'm gonna enjoy being able to do this," Kelly smiles against her lips and she smirks.

"Me too," she agrees, winding her legs around his middle.

She bows her head down, burying her face into his neck.

This was a big milestone in their lives but it didn't seem as if anything had changed: they would still call each other nicknames, cuddle, and sleep in the same bed. Now, the only upgrade was that they could kiss and openly express their feelings.

Both of them knew that Alyssa wasn't ready to have sex and Kelly was honestly perfectly fine with it. He didn't want to rush this even though they had waited ten years for this. He loved her and just being able to hold her was an amazing improvement from what they came from.

"What do you wanna do, baby girl?" he mumbles into her hair, his eyes on her body and hers on the city before them.

"I just wanna stay here with you," Alyssa answers, her arms winded tightly around his middle, keeping their chests pressed together as she observed her home city.

Kelly smiles, holding her out at arm's length and studying her face.

"Come lay with me back in the apartment, baby girl," he murmurs, cupping her cheek. "It's getting cold and I'm starving."

The woman nods and allows her new ... lover? to lead her from the rooftop, down the multiple flights of stairs, and to their apartment.

He led her over to the couch where he pulled her onto his lap, his face towards him, her legs winding around his middle.

Kelly carefully brushes the hair from her eyes as he studies her beautiful face.

"Kells," she mumbles.

"Mhm?" he answers, raising an eyebrow as he continues to stare at her.

"After you kissed me when we were playing around, why did you leave?" Torres asks, wanting some answers to the chaos that's happened over the last ten years.

He looks down at their laps, trying to find the right answer.

"I thought you'd be scared of me," he mutters.