C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - O N E

Around nine o'clock the next morning, Alyssa Torres woke up.

Kelly Severide was asleep in the bed next to her, both of their wine glasses were empty, and sitting on their nightstand, the wine bottle was empty on the floor. Cosmo was also asleep at her feet.

Last night, she had made it halfway through the book before she fell asleep and would continue reading it either with Kelly or without him. Kelly had fallen asleep only a few chapters in - the wine, the warmth, and the delicate tone of the woman's voice all combined made him sleepy.

Alyssa sent his sleeping form a small smile before sliding down to lay on the bed and snuggled closer to the man, setting her head on his chest, her eyes falling shut.

She felt his arms snake around his waist and his chin settle on the top of her head.

"Didn't enjoy the book?" she murmurs, giving a small chuckle, opening her eyes a bit.

"For the one or two chapters that I heard, it sounded like a good book, I was just tired and your voice is soothing," Kelly murmurs sleepily, kissing the top of her head.

Alyssa chuckles, leaning in even more, her eyes shutting.

"You going back to bed?" he asks, his eyes also falling shut since he was still tired.

"Eventually," she murmurs, her arms winding around his waist.

"Eventually?" he repeats with a small laugh.

"It's nine o'clock," she laughs. "We should be up and around."

Kelly smiles, turning and laying on his back, pulling the woman with him so she was straddling him. Her arms moved to wind around his neck, pressing her cheek to his chest, his heartbeat pounding in his ear. Their legs tangled together and Kelly's hands wrapped around her middle, keeping their bodies pressed tightly together.

"I love you," the woman whispers.

"I love you too," the man answers. "Up and around doing what?" he asks.

"I don't know."

Kelly still had another day off before his next shift, meaning they had an entire day to spend just the two of them if that's what she wanted.

Alyssa knew that she didn't want to go out shopping again - yesterday's adventure had been enough for her but she also didn't want to stay cooped up in the house all day. She always felt lazy whenever she stayed in the house, she felt as if she could be doing a lot more and wasn't - that she was missing a lot of opportunities.

"Do you want to go talk to Dr. Charles again?" Kelly suggests softly.

It had been about two months since she'd seen Dr. Charles and even in such a short amount of time, a lot had changed - Alyssa had gone to the firehouse with Kelly, the two of them had admitted their feelings for each other, she was braving the public, they'd gotten a dog.

When the woman didn't answer immediately, Kelly decided to continue.

"A lot has changed since you first saw him, you're getting a lot better. I'm sure he'd want to hear of your advancements. The last time you saw him was a month after ... it ... happened."

Alyssa still didn't answer, she stared at the man below her, searching his eyes for something. There was the slightest bit of hope in his eyes that the woman would accept his offer. He knew that her talking to Dr. Charles would help her progress further, maybe he could say something that would help Alyssa want to venture out into the public more like she had done yesterday - maybe Dr. Charles could help her more, could help her venture out of the house to Molly's every Friday night or maybe he had a specific way to ease her back into sex. Whatever it was, Kelly knew that Alyssa seeing Dr. Charles would be a good thing.