An unexpected end to the exams

The crowd went wild as the final phase of the exams was being implemented and refereed by none other than Rock Lee. The board lit up and the first match was Boruto vs that weird bubblegum kid y/n saw before," come on Boruto pop his bubble!" y/n yelled and her teammates chuckled at her antics," Touka you're going to fall" Rin said and y/n screeched as she nearly fell off the stands," I knew that!" she yelled and the two boys laughed at her. In the middle of the battle it looked like Boruto was going to lose, but somehow he made his weapon redirect and pop the boy's bubble in his face as he was chewing it," huh? how did he do that?" y/n wondered and activated her byakugon from the stands. She gasped at what she saw. Minoru raised a brow at her," something wrong?" he asked and y/n nodded and sat back in her seat," .....he's cheating" she muttered," eh?!" both of the boys screeched," what do you mean Touka?" Rin asked she nodded and got out of her seat," i'll be back, wait here" she said and walked away from them to find Boruto.

She saw him chatting with Shikadai and then they high fived. Shikadai walked away and she stood next to Boruto," oh, hey Touka! that was pretty cool huh?" he cheekily said and she shook her head," you cheated Boruto" she said sadly and he froze up and looked shocked," how..." he remembered about her Byakugon," ....oh" he grabbed her shoulders and looked at her pleadingly," please don't tell anybody Touka! I'll be screwed for life!" he pleaded and she pushed him away," take that thing off right now and I won't tell anybody. You have to promise you won't use it for your next rounds" she said seriously and Boruto looked nervous but sighed," ....fine I won't use it" he said while looking at the ground," good, if somebody else caught you your career would be over, so just take it off okay?" she said still a bit shook about the whole thing,' I can't believe he would cheat' she thought and shook her head," I'll go back now, but remember what I said Boruto" she put a hand on his shoulder then walked off.

'Boruto...' Minato sighed

'you should have told somebody about this but I can see how it would affect your feelings Touka' Hiruzen said

'man that sucks' Hashirama said and his brother hummed in agreement

y/n went back to her seat and watched the fights go on, unfortunately Rin lost to cho Cho and Minoru lost to Sarada. Y/n was able to beat Sarada by fighting her head on with her byakugon, albeit with some scratches and bruises from sarada's nasty punches. 

Now it was y/n vs Boruto and Shinki. She had a grave feeling that Boruto may have lied to her and still had the device on, but she tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Rock Lee told them to begin and y/n summoned her wood release dragon once again which shocked Boruto and a lot of the people watching. It gripped Shinki in it's jaws but the boy was able to immobilize it with his iron sand. One of Boruto's clones threw a kunai at her but she dodged it and send five shadow clones at him which surprised him once again. The crowd was going crazy as the three kids fought each other at once. y/n's clones distracted Boruto for a while but some of shinki's sand attached itself to her neck and started to choke her,' damnit, it's not weak to any of my jutsus' she thought before falling to the ground out of breath," y/n has been eliminated from the battle!" Lee yelled and the sand around her neck dispersed and took attention to Boruto. The fight took a turn when Boruto unleashed a powerful purple lightning that took down Shinki. Apparently his iron sand was weak to electricity. 

The doctor checked over y/n at the side of the arena and she insisted that she was fine. The doctor left after the examination and y/n watched the crowd cheer for Boruto with a sad expression,' you promised...' she couldn't bear to watch as naruto came down and exposed that Boruto was cheating by pulling up his sleeve. They got into an argument as Lee announced that Boruto was disqualified for using an illegal ninja tool. A disappointed aura ran through the crowd and people were whispering things about how disappointed naruto must be in his son, until a strange yet strong aura passed through the entire building.

"i've finally found you" a voice from the sky exclaimed. Two strange looking people were staring down at them.