Chapter 6: I'm Not A Monster!

Nana's POV

After my little conversation with Todoroki, I made my way back to the stadium again. So far most of my classmates from Class 1-A won the first round of the Battle Tournament. I noticed a board that said:

Todoroki VS Sero (Winner: Todoroki) 

Midoriya VS Shinsou (Winner: Midoriya) 

Kaminari VS Shiozaki (Winner: Shiozaki) 

Iida VS Hatsume (Winner: Iida) 

Tokoyami VS Yaoyorozu (Winner: Tokoyami) 

Kirishima VS Tetsutetsu (Winner: Kirishima) 

Osaki VS Monoma (Winner: Pending) 

Uraraka VS Bakugo (Winner: Pending)

The last two brackets were still empty meaning that those fights would start real soon. I took a deep breath and walked down a hallway when suddenly I noticed two familiar figures at the corner of the other hallway. And turns out those two familiar figures were Monoma from Class 1-B and Shinsou. I didn't want to know or eavesdrop on their conversation, so I continued to walk forward. But before I walked away, I looked back at them one last time and saw Monoma giving a pat on Shinsou's back.

Hmm... Interesting...

"Moving right along to our next match!" Mic called out. "It's a battle between two classes! After placing 2nd in the obstacle race and 1st in the cavalry battle! From Class 1-A, it's Nana Osaki!!"

I let out a sigh as I stepped forward and walked out of the tunnel while the audience cheered and gave me a round of applause. I looked up to where my classmates were sitting and they smiled from the stands with Midoriya, Uraraka, and Yaoyorozu giving me a thumbs up.

"And from rival hero course Class 1-B, it's Neito Monoma!!"

I carefully observed the blonde-haired boy across from me as he stepped onto the stage platform.

"Let's have a good match, Nana Osaki!" Monoma said with a smirk while I simply narrowed my eyes at him in a skeptical manner.

"START!!!"

And with that, I quickly released both my Ukaku and Rinkaku Kagune from my back.

"So eager to begin, huh?" He asked.

I only smirked in response before shooting some crystallized bullets from my Ukaku Kagune at him. Monoma frowned and huffed, trapping my bullets in a ball of solid air. I immediately realized that it was his own classmate from Class 1-B Kosei Tsuburaba's quirk. Monoma then quickly hurled the ball of air forward and sent my own crystallized bullets back at me. I quickly dodged the attack as the bullets smashed into the ground. The force cracked the cement of the floor, sending shards of rubble flying.

Monoma then began to mock me in order to make me speak up and respond to him back, but I remained completely silent and kept on attacking him with my crystallized bullets while he kept on blocking my attacks, because there was no way I would go any closer to him or even talk to him. This went on for almost five minutes straight and he tried to make me talk back but I chose to remain silent and kept on attacking him with my Ukaku Kagune's crystallized bullets.

"Can't you speak, Nana Osaki?" Monoma asked, gritting his teeth.

"Dude, you talk too much you know that?" I smirked as I finally spoke up.