Chapter 29: You Will Realize I Wasn't A Mistake!!

Nana's POV (2 days after the Paranormal Liberation War)

"I said the same thing to Gran Torino as well, but..." the doctor stated to my old man Aizawa. "If you had waited even a moment longer, it would have been even worse. Thanks to Rock Lock, Manual, and the others prioritizing your life you're here."

Right now, I was in Aizawa's cabin with Present Mic with my old man lying down on his hospital bed. After Shigaraki shot the quirk-destroying bullet in his right leg, Aizawa had to cut off his leg on the battlefield in order to prevent the drug from destroying his quirk.

"Thank god, you're okay..." I sighed as I put my head on Aizawa's shoulder. "I thought you would've died, you old geezer..."

"The world can't get rid of me that easily, brat..." Aizawa responded, gently patting my head.

"Even Kayama senpai... Why..." Mic trailed off.

"Please don't say it, Mic..." I mumbled, biting my bottom lip as tears started to form in my eyes. "It's too much for me, you know... First my parents... then one of my mentors, Sir Nighteye... now my foster mother, Midnight... I just can't..."

Aizawa quickly pulled me into a hug, burying my face into his chest.

"Don't say it, Yamada..." Aizawa stated. "Just tell me how the students are doing..."

Mic let out a heavy sigh.

"Well..." Mic trailed off. "Almost every student has either regained consciousness or gotten better after receiving medical attention... well except for Midoriya..."

"What?" Aizawa asked.

"Izuku is the only one who still hasn't shown any sign of waking up..." I added.

Aizawa's eyes widened in shock as he looked over at us with a puzzled expression.

"Don't worry..." I sighed before getting up and walking over to the door. "Toshi-chan is with him now..."

"Where are you going, Nana-chan?" Mic asked.

"To see Shoto..." I responded before closing the door behind me.

I then slowly made my way toward Shoto's cabin. When I reached there, I slid the door open. I noticed that the people in the room turned to look at me.

"Nana-san." Yaoyorozu greeted me with a small smile.

"Nana!" Kirishima grinned at me

"Hey, guys." I greeted them back, walking up to them. "Looks like you finally woke up, Shoto."

"Yeah..." Shoto replied meekly in a raspy voice.

"His throat is burnt, so..." Mina stated.

"I see..." I nodded my head before taking my seat beside Shoto on the bed. "How're you doing now, Shoto?"

"How're you doing, Nana?" Shoto asked.

I stared at him for a moment before letting out a sigh and looking away.

"What do you think, huh Shoto?" I muttered. "Touya was my friend... my fiancé... we were in love with each other... Eleven years ago, we all believed he passed away, but now all of a sudden he has come back into our lives... Not as Touya, but as a murderous villain Dabi..."

Suddenly my eyes started to get blurry. My breath hitched as I wept, tears starting to roll down my cheeks.

"Nana-san!" Yaoyorozu gasped, rushing to my side and pulling me into a hug. "Please calm down!"

"I...I-I'm not okay, Shoto!!" I sobbed out loudly, as Yaoyorozu tightened her grip around me, gently rubbing my back. "I'm not okay, you hear me?! This is not okay! Touya being Dabi is not okay! None of this is okay! I couldn't save my lover from walking down the path of destruction! I failed to save him! When the League kidnapped me and Katsuki, I speculated that Dabi was Touya, but I wanted to believe that I was wrong! That it was all just a misunderstanding! But, no! It's a despicable truth and now it hurts, Shoto! Dammit! I love Touya so much, it hurts!!"