Chapter 30: Fight On, Shota!! You Can Do It!!

(A flashback chapter)

Eraser Head = Shota Aizawa

Midnight = Nemuri Kayama

Present Mic = Hizashi Yamada

3rd Peron's POV (15 years ago from the present time)

On one rainy morning of the summer season that year, 16-year-old Shota Aizawa, a 2nd-year high school student at UA High, was on his way to school, when suddenly he stumbled across a stray soaked kitten inside a small cardboard box.

'I'm not All Might.' Shota thought, looking down at the small kitten. 'An ordinary person's only got so much power. I'm not even close to being myself... I can't even save a single cat... Ever since I was a kid that was how I saw myself...'

Feeling sorry for the cat, Shota decided to leave his umbrella to protect it from the rain, before continuing his way to the UA, thinking about his inability to be a hero. Leaving his umbrella to the kitten, Shota later arrived at his homeroom class completely soaked.

"What? Forgot your umbrella?" his homeroom teacher asked. "The bell already rang, so get changed quickly."

"Nah, this is fine..." Shota replied, sitting down on his assigned seat. "For the mood, I am in..."

"Have it your way, but don't come crying when your mood leaves you with a cold." The teacher sighed. "Managing your own health is part of your duties as a student... walking the path of the hero..."

"Huh..." Shota mumbled to himself. "Hero? Path? I am having a hard time picturing any of it... I'm powerless..."

"Here we go!!" Hizashi Yamada yelled out jokingly, nudging Shota with his elbow. "Shota Aizawa's Gloomy Gus routine!! I wonder what's got our boy so down in the dumps at this early hour!! Let's hear that again since it's so funny... Aizawa says... 'I'm powerless'..."

"Shove it!" Shota grumbled, pushing Yamada away. 

"Hahaha! What a charmer!" Yamada laughed, slinging an arm around Shota's neck while punching him to the side.

"Shut up!" Shota hissed.

"Whoa there, Hizashi!" a voice called out from the window. "Got your hands all over Shota, do you? Outrageous! Scandalous! Shameful! Lemme in on it!!"

As everyone turned around to look at the window, they found a soaked Oboro Shirakumo with a wide toothy grin on his face, had just arrived at class by entering through the window, using a cloud created with his quirk, Cloud. 

Oboro Shirakumo was a tall boy of average stature with light blue wavy hair that was swept back to flow upwards above his head, two shorter, ear-length tufts left hanging downwards to frame his face

Oboro Shirakumo was a tall boy of average stature with light blue wavy hair that was swept back to flow upwards above his head, two shorter, ear-length tufts left hanging downwards to frame his face. He usually wore an expression of excitement, possessing a large teeth-bearing grin and semicircular, inward-tilting blue eyes that were often squeezed shut. Oboro was a boy with a jovial and casual personality, very prone to making jokes and witty comments with innuendos. His energetic and goofy persona was similar to that of his classmate Hizashi Yamada, although Oboro never quite reached his excitement level. Due to his extravagant behavior, he wasn't big on following protocol and had little to no sense of shame. He didn't give much importance to his criticisms or reprimands. Despite this, the most characteristic element of his personality was his selfless altruism. Oboro was the type of person to go the extra mile when someone or something needed help.