Chapter 40: You Can Still Be A Hero!!

Nana's POV (Two days after Nana and Midoriya returned to UA)

Waking up in the morning was something I really hated doing nowadays because the time when I slept was the only time I didn't have any dreadful thoughts in my mind or didn't get worried and frustrated over the Touya and Tenko situation. Dragging my feet down the stairs while tying my raven locks up in a high ponytail, I slowly made my way towards the kitchen in my black loose tank top and white shorts as I passed through the dining hall and spotted some of my friends at a dining table, having breakfast together; they were Bakugo, Shoto, Midoriya, Mina, Kirishima, Iida, Sero, Jiro, and Momo.

"Good morning, Nana!" Mina greeted me with a huge grin and I smiled back at her in response.

"Good morning, Mina." I greeted back before looking over at the others. "Good morning, guys."

"Good morning, Nana. Sleep well?" Iida asked me with a smile while I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly at his words.

"Yeah, well, not really... But I'm still trying to get some good rest as much as possible." I responded back causing Iida to give me a concerned yet stern look.

"You need to take care more of yourself, Nana. We can't have you fall sick at such a time like this, you know." Iida advised and I smiled at his words in response.

"I know." I chuckled a bit before my brownish-amber eyes trailed over to the other side and met a pair of heterochromatic ones who were already staring at me intently.

As soon as our eyes locked with one another, Shoto flashed a sweet, warm smile in my direction.

"Good morning, Nana." He greeted me and this caused me to quickly look away from him.

"Morning..." I mumbled out, not wanting to make another eye contact with him before I hurriedly walked away from there and went towards the kitchen.

Two days ago, Shoto kissed me on my lips while we were hanging around in my bedroom and since then everything became so awkward between the two of us that it was literally impossible for me to even look at him in the eyes. Well, especially for me everything became super weird and awkward, given that I was still madly in love with Touya and didn't feel the way for Shoto that he felt for me.

Of course, I loved Shoto and that was something I won't deny, but my love for him was completely friendly and platonic. I never imagined having any sort of romantic feelings for him and to be honest, I never saw Shoto in that light, to begin with. Sure, he was incredibly handsome and good-looking (gotta envy those Todoroki genes) with a heart of gold, but he was never my type, to be honest.

Probably I'm a sucker for the 'older brother with bad boy personality' stereotype...

Besides, Shoto wasn't Touya and he would never be Touya.

Touya and Shoto were the polar opposite of one another as if one was the North Pole while the other one was the South Pole. If Shoto was good for my health, then Touya was the injurious one for me. And if I had to compare these two with any consuming material, then Shoto was like a green vegetable while Touya was like cocaine or marijuana (as crazy and stupid as these comparisons might sound to others... please don't judge me...).

To me, Touya was my personal drug, my own personal brand of heroin. I was completely addicted to him and couldn't just let him go even if I wanted to. I was crazy for Touya and my feelings for him were never going to change for anyone else even if that person was Shoto.

Besides, the history and chemistry I had with Touya was something I'd never have with anyone else. I could still vividly remember those good old days when Touya and I were still very young and used to play together at the neighborhood park. So many beautiful memories of us were there to recall, like him bringing my favorite red camellia flower for me every single day, him teaching me how to play shogi and soccer, or me watching him train for hours and hours in order to upgrade his flame quirk and the list goes on.