Chapter 17: I think he loves you

​I decided I needed to go and check on Kaleb. I hope he'll forgive me. I put my life on the line for him...and nearly died in the process of saving him.

"Hey there Chubb's," I said with a warm smile.

He waited and then rushed to give me a hug. It was so nice to hug him again. Especially since I thought I would never see him again.

"We are going home tomorrow. We just need to take care of a few things here. Oh! Get this, you know that house next to ours? Well Josh is moving in there. Isn't that exciting?" Kaleb said with so much enthusiasm.

I do believe my brother may have a crush on Josh...oh well. He'll be super bummed when he finds out he's straight, and that he likes me.

"That is so exciting," was all I could respond. Wow. Josh? Moving in next door? That seems like he is moving kind of fast. Although, he did graduate this year. Still, he better not be moving to be closer to me...that'd be super weird.

I need to check on Chloe. She is probably a mess right now.

...

"Hey Chlo," I whispered when I walked in.

"AHHHHHHH," was all I heard from her.

"Chloe, calm down."

"This is so exciting! Did you hear my brother is moving to be closer to you? He poured his heart out last night to you while you were sleeping and it was super weird. I think he loves you. Awe that is so cute."

"Chloe, I am leaving tomorrow."

"I know. I am helping you move everything back."

​There rest of the day I spent preparing myself for my return home. At least we have a ride now. I let Chloe do my hair again. I didn't really 'make-up' with Josh but he was telling me jokes, so I think we are good. I am so excited to leave tomorrow. I was in the middle of a good book when I was drug onto this mission. I have to say though, all of it is worth it since we saved Kaleb.