Chapter 14: I'm fine.

When I woke up, a boy with brown hair was sleeping on the chair next to me.

He has nice hair. And nice eye lashes. He seems fit. He's muscular.

Oh my gosh, am I checking out this random kid? What is wrong with me? I shifted in the bed slightly and his eyes flickered open. Oh great now he'll know I was staring at him.

"Hey," he said with a wry smile, "How do you feel?"

"Where is my Uncle?" I asked trying to ignore the throbbing in my head.

"Bubba left me here to watch you last night because he had to go and take care of your brother"

"My brother? He isn't with us anymore. He left a month ago," I responded.

What the actual hell is this kid talking about? He doesn't know anything.
My brother left a month ago today. I was just hit on the head by Matt Adam's in PE. I do not know why I am sitting here talking to this stranger. This is kid is full of it.

"Can you please go get my Uncle?" I asked as nicely as I could. It's hard to talk because my head is throbbing so much.

The kid was hesitant. "Are you sure?" he asked getting up.

"Yes. Thank you. Oh, and I didn't catch your name."

Pain flooded through this kids face. I could tell he was trying to fake a smile.

"Josh," then he coughed, "my name is Josh". I saw some tears well up in his eyes as he walked out the door.

I just want to sleep some more. I walked over to the mirror. Oh my gosh! What is wrong with my face? No wonder that Josh kid was freaked out! I look like a zombie. Is that, blood? And those scratches, where did those come from? Matt didn't hit me that hard; it was just a soccer ball.

"Hadley," my Uncle said with a welcoming smile. "How do you feel?"

I hesitated. Did a freaking apocalypse happen while I was out? What is going on? No I am not okay! My head is going to explode! "Yeah," I smiled back, "I'm fine."

"Do you know where you are right now?" Kyler asked almost concerned.

Why is he concerned? I don't even talk to him anymore.

My head was spinning so I had to sit down. "I assume one of your friend's houses. I know I am not in the Infirmary or our house."

"The Infirmary? As in your school?" he asked and his face went pale.

"Yeah..." I replied. "Do I have to fill out another report about Matt? It is not a big deal Kyler...I can get over anything he throws at me, literally."

Kyler's face went cold, "Hadley, you were in an explosion at the Ohio Unit 2122 Army camp."