Chapter 9: Wake up

"OH. MY. GOSH!" Chloe squealed. Someone really needs to put a muzzle on her.

"Urgh, Chloe, shut up," said Josh. Wait, said Josh? Oh my gosh! I totally forgot I let him sleep with me again!

"Josh! Do you like Hadley? Why do you keep going to sleep with her? I think she has a crush on you," Chloe said with wide eyes.

"Chloe, go to bed. I need sleep. It's barely light out," I responded in the clearest voice I could make.

"Do you two even see how you are sleeping?" Chloe snorted as she closed the door, "Come to my cabin when you want me to pull your hair up!"

I didn't realize it. I was too comfortable to realize it. First of all, Josh isn't wearing a shirt. Second of all, he still has his arm around me. As in, we full on cuddled last night.

"So, you have a crush on me?" Josh asked. I didn't even have to look at him to know he is grinning like an idiot.

"Chloe is delusional," and with that, I got up and walked to Chloe's cabin.

On the walk over, I tried to come up with more lame excuses as to why I was sleeping with Josh but none of them seemed believable. Not even the truth seemed believable.

"Hey Chloe, I just want my hair up today. I have got a big day, you know," I said with the best fake smile ever pulled off in the history of fake smiles.

Chloe still had that wide eyed grin when I walked in. She set out a bunch of clothes on her bed for me to try on. All of which were Jendrey army uniforms. "I set out some clothes. Try them on. Find the one that is the most comfortable," Chloe said as calmly as I've heard her talk since I first met her.

I tried on the clothes and went with the one with blue sewing. I sat down at the vanity and let Chloe put my hair into a braid that ended at the end of my neck and she curled the rest. I borrowed some of Chloe's hiking boots as well since all I had was normal tennis shoes.

When it comes down to it, Chloe is actually a really good friend. She didn't even mention Josh at all during the time she spent getting me ready for the day. Honestly, I am so glad Chloe isn't talking to me about him, right now I just need to focus on getting Kaleb back home and going back to my normal life.

_____________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

Hey guys! Just a little FYI for when Hadley and Kyler go to rescue Kaleb, I'm not a violent person. So I didn't really make it violent.

Sorry not sorry

Anyway like and comment :) I like to hear from you guys