Chapter 11: The bathroom

We have been walking for like three hours. I just want a break. No matter how much training I did yesterday, I am never going to be ready for what I am doing right now. Ouch. I tripped on another bush. The Army should really take care of this overgrowth. It's 2110 for crying out loud! Ugh, whatever.

"Okay, Hadley, we are almost there, try not to die on another branch," Kyler whispered.

"Sorry...the over growth here is ridiculous," I responded a little louder than I probably should have.

"Who's there?" a young woman's voice asked. Oh crap! I totally just got us caught! I am so dead!

The woman walked up to us. Woman? This kid looks like she is younger than me...Chloe's age probably.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I did not realize you two were in the Army. Please forgive me. I am Paige. I work with Ohio Class 2122. I am just an intern. Please, I beg of you, don't turn me in. I am lost. I can't find my post. I am only 15, please, give me a break," Paige urgently said.

Kyler just looked around before saying anything, "Ma'am, I will not turn you in if you return to your post immediately. Where is it? I will see that you return to your post immediately." Wow, did Kyler just get all professional on her? Dang!

We followed Paige through shrubs and made it to her post. Once at her post, Kyler made her let us in:

"Now, please let us in"

"Do you have your key card?" Paige asked sweetly.

"Excuse me, who the hell do you think you are? Open. The. Gate."

Once inside, we immediately went to a bathroom and locked the door.

Everything is so clean here. The floor tiles are white and the walls are white and the doors are white. Basically, everything is white. The aroma of the place, it was off. It did not smell like the forest, nor the smell of something new and clean. It had the smell of almost peppermint.

"Okay, we need to come up with a game plan," Kyler whispered.

I looked to the right and saw a poster. It has the whole map of the facility on it. Wow, the people who run this place are seriously stupid. "Hey, look," I said pointing up to the poster that I just spotted.

"Good job, Hadley," my Uncle said with the most genuine smile he has given me since he taught me to ride a bike in 6th grade behind our house.

So, right there, in the bathroom, we came up with a fool proof plan...one that had no possibility of going wrong.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
Sorry this one took a while. I couldn't think of a title.

Don't forget to like and comment.

The next and last few chapters are kinda off Bc I don't like violence but let me know as I post what you want to see :)