Chapter 12: Rescue team

We walked down the hall as unsuspiciously as we could. When we got to the hall marked Jefferson, I took a right. Kyler hacked into the system here and found out where Kaleb was at this very moment. Everything will work out if I make sure not to get too worked up.

Kyler is going to do some serious damage to this place in approximately 3 minutes and 25 seconds. I need to hurry.

I was walking down this never ending hall when I saw him.

"Kaleb!" I yelled to him hoping he was by himself. "Kaleb I missed you! I joined the Army. I need to be with you," I started but was interrupted.

"You need to get out of here Hadley. Now!" Kaleb demanded.

"What? Why? I joined for you!"

"Hadley, go, now!" Kaleb said grabbing my arm. He was pulling me towards the exit door I was hoping to pull him out of.

Once outside, Kaleb took a deep breath, "Hadley, you can't be here. You have to go. It's not safe enough for you."

"Kaleb," I breathed, "I am fine. I have mom's necklace and dad's ring. I am fine. I have them with me Kaleb."

"Who brought you here? Was it Kyler? I don't care what crap he's told you! But he's lying."

"Kyler doesn't lie. Kaleb, mom and dad were murdered. Chloe even told me!"

"Who the hell is Chloe?" I swear I'm going to smack Kaleb.

"She's my friend. Now come with me," I said probably a little too harshly.

BOOM.

"Oh my god! Hadley? Are you okay? What was that?" Kaleb screamed out.

"Shoot he lit it too early. Kaleb we need to go! Now!" I was already pulling him towards the wagon that was also a part of mine and Kyler's plan.

Kaleb was struggling so much that I didn't even notice Kyler coming out of nowhere. He hit Kaleb on the back of the head with a wooden plank. It was then when I noticed another explosion very close and some screaming. It smelt like burning hair.

"Hadley help! We need to get Kaleb in the wagon," Kyler barked.

We got Kaleb into the wagon fairly easily. It is probably a good thing that I lifted some more weights this morning before we left.

"Oh crap! I dropped dads ring! Kyler I have to go get it!" I screamed at him.

"No it's fine. Leave it. We need to get out of here! It's getting messy," Kyler responded.

"I am NOT leaving it!" I said already running back into the mess that Kyler and I caused. Two more explosions occurred since we put Kaleb in the wagon. I picked up the ring, turned around, and the next bomb went off.

Only this time, I wasn't so lucky.

____________________________________________________

A/N:

DUN DUN DUN. *mystery music playing* wow. Killer way to end this chapter.

I hope you all had a good New Years :) I did. I went camping. Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. That's why. Forgive me? Lol jk it doesn't matter BC im a queen :)