Chapter 8: Let me sleep

"Hadley tomorrow we are saving your brother from the Army" was the last thing my Uncle said to me before heading to bed. He didn't talk to me at all today. I had 'training' today with Josh. I think someone said something to him because every time I looked at him, he would start laughing; basically he's a meanie.

Today, I did the ropes course, weights, distance, and mind movers. I fell twice at the ropes course, I seriously hate not being athletic; especially in front of Josh. On the weights, I made it to 50 pounds before I fell over. I didn't know I could make it that far. I hate running so much. I ran a total of 6 miles today. I am going to be so sore tomorrow. But, the thing that got me, was the mind movers.

Josh kept asking me weird questions. Well, two serious questions and then one weird question. I tried to ignore the fact that he was the one who was asking me the weird questions but it didn't really work. Oh well.

I need to get some sleep. There is no way I can rescue my brother tomorrow if I am sore AND tired tomorrow. I went to bed in my own cabin tonight. It was kind of scary. I love the feeling of this new bed though. I don't have to sleep on the floor tonight like I did last night. My bed is blue, mine and Kaleb's favorite colors. Sleep...it's so nice...I really need...rest...

"Psst. Pssst. Hadels," Josh whispered.

"What are you doing?" I hissed back in a whisper. I do not need this. I want sleep.

"I can't sleep. May I sleep with you tonight?"

"Are you serious?"

"What?"

"Can't you go like, sleep with Chloe or something?"

"I could...but I don't want to. You see? Chloe won't let me cuddle with her, and you were more than willing last night so I figured I would come and talk to you first."

"Ugh. Josh, I need to get sleep tonight!"

"You won't even notice I am here. I promise," Josh said already climbing into my bed as in he was not taking no for an answer.

"Joshhhh," I exaggerated his name for emphasis.

"Hadels, go to bed because you need sleep." So that was it, I went to sleep, just like that. I dreamt of saving Kaleb and going back home; back to my normal life. Which, I doubt will ever happen.