Chapter 6: More secrets?

"Okay!" Chloe screamed to her brother. "I do not need you telling me who I can and who I can't have spend the night!"

"Chloe, you don't even know her!" Josh said in disgust.

"Joshua she is my friend! Leave us alone!"

"She could be a serial killer Clo."

"Guys...I am right here," I interrupted their little fight.

Josh walked out of the room and made sure to slam the door on his way out. He is super grouchy. I feel as though I am getting less and less attracted to him every second I'm near him.

"I am sorry about that Hadley. Sometimes Josh gets that way whenever there are new people here," Chloe explained.

"He knows my Uncle though..."
Chloe just shrugged and curled up in her sleeping bag. I think she was about to pass out. Apparently she gets exhausted when she has to do other peoples hair and makeup. Note to self: don't get locked in a room with Chloe.

"Hey, Chloe, I am going to go get some water. Do you want some?"

"No...I just...need some... (loud snoring)...hmm" Chloe answered.

Alright then, I will take that as my cue to leave. Honestly, I just need some fresh air. It smells like burnt hair in that room. I was walking and did not notice the light until I was in plain view of it. Who is that? That figure? Or is there two? Wait, what are they saying?

"Bubba, I don't know, I don't know her," Josh said in a panicked tone.

"Hey, that's my niece you're talking about. We have bigger issues to address anyway; the Jendrey Army knows we are recruiting more people. They held a meeting in the middle of the square yesterday and made an excuse of a new virus breaking out and now everyone must allow the armies men into their homes at any time for 'precaution'," Kyler explained.

"Okay...why are you here though? You left the anti-Jendrey association after your brother and sister-in-law croaked."

"Well, Kaleb, I am sure you remember him, he is a part of the army now...I have to get him out of there before anyone does anything crazy."

Oh my gosh! Kaleb! I forgot! He is a part of the army! I turned and ran back to the cabin that I am staying in. I must have stepped on a branch on the way because as soon as I turned around, I already saw Josh and Kyler running in my direction. So, great, not only is my brother going to be killed, but I am gonna be dead before I can even tell him.

Then I hit my head...