Chapter 52

"(Y/n)?" I watched as Adrian's frame came into view.  I smiled taking his appearance in, his eyes seemed brighter then ever though I noticed the dark circles. He wore what I believed to be pajamas. He came closer also studying me, cautiously. He brought his hand to my cheek and brushed my hair away. "You're back love," he grinned. He untied me, helping me stand. My muscles were so stiff, I didn't know how long I had been stuck for. After stretching I wrapped my arms around Adrian before kissing him.

Nothing had changed. I pulled away smiling. "I missed you so much." I whispered. He ran his hand through my hair giggling. "Welcome back love," he said, stroking my hair. "Can we get out of here?" I said, letting out a chuckle. We left the cellar and walked to the main hall. "Where is my father and mother?" I asked, looking around. "He is out with the young lord, some mission; your mother is....around." he said. I nodded walking down the hall and stopping at the stair case. "Mother, I'm back," I called. 

"Darling!" I looked up seeing her fly down the stairs and engulfing me. "Yes, I'm fully back. They won't bother me again" I said, hugging her back. "They?" Adrian asked. I pulled away from Grell before explaining everything. As I talked I saw the gears turning in his head, something wasn't clicking. 

"Love, can you try and transform?" I looked between them, taking a step back. "I can try, I would assume so." I closed my eyes and imagined the scythe form.  I felt a warmth spread and a zap. I opened my eyes looking at them. "Well?" I asked, Adrian walked over examining every inch. "Everything seems normal, I wasn't sure if there would be a difficulty."

"Obviously I'm fine, everything is back to normal." I smiled, taking his hand and rubbing my thumb across it. "You're right, I shouldn't worry." he said. "So, how long was I gone?" I watched them look at each other.  "Darling, I don't know how time flew by in your head but its been almost a year" Grell said, watching her words. "What? How?" I felt my heart rate increase. Adrian wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear. "Love, its okay, its over."

"I left you here for a year, I watched you suffer all because I couldn't control any of this." I explained. I pulled away again before walking out of the manor. I didn't know where I was going exactly but I needed a moment alone.  If I was stronger, if I had been more focused, if this and if that. There was so much I could have done better. It had only felt like a month or two. Pulling my attention back to reality I noticed I stood in front of Adrians store.  I walked in looking around the dimly light room. Everything looked the same, I made my way upstairs and into my room. I smiled seeing the coffin he had made me. Something familiar that wasn't affected by this. I crawled into the coffin and shut it staring into the dark. Wanting to disappear seemed so wrong but it was the only thing I wanted. I heard the front door open and footsteps making their way to my room. 

"Go away Adrian, I need time," I called. The door opened making me roll my eyes. Pushing the coffin door open, I sat up and looked at the person.  "Father!" I exclaimed scrambling out of the coffin. I wrapped my arms around him, part of myself calming down. Coming to my sense I pulled away and straightened. "Sorry." We stood there for a minute, his posture softened and he embraced me. It wasn't long and he pulled away pretty soon. "I'm glad you're back. We all missed you." he said. "Thank you, I really missed you all. " He cracked a small smile and giving me a  kiss on the forehead. 

"I must go now, ill leave you to your thinking." he said going back to his regular demon self. I smiled watching him leave.  It seemed everything would work out but it would be a while.

(Sorry for the delay, a lot of mental health issues came up. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.)