Epilogue

TW for death.

January 2001.

-Hedy-

"Boy band Backstreet Boys' disappearances has finally came to a tragic end when police officers found their bodies approximately five feet away from the castle they were staying in, along with the sorority sisters and their housemother that went missing on November 1998. Kevin Richardson and Joelle Harrison were bludgeoned to death, A.J. McLean was stabbed multiple times, Nick Carter with a slit throat, Brian Littrell was suffocated and Howie Dorough was strangled. Cheryl Jacobs, Victoria Abington, and Jessie Check are currently undergoing an autopsy. Another sorority sister, Hedy Knight, has not been found yet. More news tonight."

I turned off the TV as I continued to get ready for my night shift job. After the ordeal back in 1998, Mira Jackson, another sorority sister who strangely knew about vampires, helped me create a new identity; when I got back at the sorority house that night, I went straight to Mira's room and told her everything what happened, which shocked her completely. Since the police still billed me as missing, we made a plan for Mira to finish up her last year (since she was class of 1999), change up my appearance with the help of black hair dye and sunglasses, boarded a plane to New York City, New York, and changed my name to Jeanne Caelum. I called my parents to tell them that I was alright and safe with a family friend. Also, me and Mira anonymously sent flowers and cards to the Backstreet Boys' and our sorority sisters families.

After brushing my black hair with blue highlights, I looked at the picture of Cheryl, Victoria, and Jessie, causing my eyes to well up with tears. That's the reason why I dyed it black, but highlighted my hair blue; in the memory of my sorority sisters that stuck by me no matter what. I also kept a picture of the band as a memento; they would've became a successful group.

Putting on my sunglasses, I grabbed my purse and headed out to the nightclub.

———————

Loud music was booming in the club as I continued to serve drinks to the customers. The club was pitch black; with flashing lights that were dark blue and white. People were chatting, dancing around, and getting drunk with their friends and lovers. After serving the last customer, I heard my watch beep, signaling me to go on break.

"Hey, Liam, I'm going on break." I said to my boss, who was smoking a cigarette.

"Okay, Jean. Be back" he replied.

I nodded in response as I went outside. The scent of blood was filling up my nose, but it wasn't the sweet smelling kind; it was the cold, murderous type coming from the alleyway. Worried, I sped over to the spot and took off my sunglasses. The light blue streetlight revealed a woman was laying dead on the wet concrete; her clothing soaked in black blood and her hair was a mess, covering her entire face; a writing was carved messily on her stomach with a knife lightly held in her blood-stained hand.

WE'RE BACK AGAIN

My eyes widen in shock as I tried to run away, but the alleyway was suddenly cornered off with more bricks. That wasn't there when I got here! What's going on? I tried to kick it down, but it was no use.

"Where are you going, Jeanne?"

My body stiffened as I turned around and saw them except they looked different; Nick's hair was spiked up, A.J. had a pair of sunglasses on and a mesh cap on his head, Howie's hair was slightly long and curly, Brian still looked the same, and Kevin's hair was long and he had facial hair. They were wearing an all black attire.

"We asked you a question, Hedy," Kevin asked me as the group came closer to me. "We think you need to stay with us for a couple of days. Do we, boys?"

"Agree, cousin" replied Brian.

Howie, A.J., and Nick nodded in unison. Before I can even speak or trigger my powers, I felt my entire body drop on the wet concrete; why aren't my powers working? I tried crawling away, but my body was now entering paralysis. I felt myself get dragged away from the bricked alleyway as I struggled to break free.

"Your nightmare begins now, Hedy" says Brian. I looked back and noticed that they were walking into a black void, which itself reminded me of Hell.

"No! No! God, help!" I pleaded, trying to fight the paralysis.

"Save me!" was all I said as I was dragged into the darkness.