F O U R T Y - O N E

Sorry and your welcome in advance
゜:(つд⊂):゜。

Katsuki sat in the office of the hero school. Kaminari sat in another chair. He was in trouble, obviously. He wasn't upset about the fact that this would be going on his record. He didn't care. In the end, as long as Kaminari was safe, he didn't care.

That being said, he was terrified. The receptionist had called his mother. His mother who he hadn't seen in two weeks. His mother who would be furious. His mother. She was coming.

He hadn't noticed he was clawing at his chest until his boyfriend gently pulled his hands away. "Katsuki, it's going to be okay. I'm here, Mr. Aizawa's here. It's okay"

He didn't understand. Why would it be okay? Mother was coming. She was coming. He wasn't safe here. It wasn't safe. He wanted to drown himself in sake, it was going to hurt less if he did. He wanted to be safe. He wanted to be in his cabinet, his safe, safe cabinet. He wanted to run, run away to where it would be safe. He wanted to be back on block 16, back where he was safe in his spot by the road, watching over everyone. He wanted to be safe. Please.

"Katsuki, breathe"

He was breathing. Wasn't he? Wasn't he? Katsuki wanted sake, he wanted to feel numb; so numb that he couldn't think.

It wasn't safe.

It wasn't saFE.

It wasn't SAFE.

It waSN'T SAFE.

"Katsuki, can you look at me?" Oh. 'Zawa was here.

It WASN'T SAFE.

"Hello Mrs. Bakugou"

IT WASN'T SAFE.

A hand tightly gripped his shoulder. He flinched. She was mad. She was mad. She was mad. He didn't want to hurt. He just wanted to be a hero. Please. "Katsuki Bakugou, I hope you have an damn good explanation as to why I was called down here" His mother hissed out.

He wasn't safe. Where had Kaminari gone?

"You better answer me" She ordered. He wanted to, but he couldn't find his voice. He didn't know what to do. Since she hadn't seen him last weekend, she hadn't been able to take her frustrations out on him, she hadn't been able to make a little extra cash.

Katsuki slouched into the chair as his body went weak. Why was everything so heavy? Why was he drowning? It hurt.

It went dark.

It stayed dark, perhaps he was in the cabinet. Maybe he'd stayed too long on the street and it'd gotten dark out. Maybe he had gotten lost on the way to deliver something for the Bats. Maybe he had passed out with Touya again. Maybe he was... Maybe...

Had he taken too much this time?

Maybe he had.

He missed Kaminari. He wanted to see his smile, one more time please. Please. He wanted to have Mr. Kayama's curry one more time. He still had to tell Boss about Kaminari.

He wanted to wake up. He had to become the number one hero. He had to save all the kids who were hurt like him. He had to wake up.

When he opened his eyes, he couldn't see; it was so bright now. His head didn't hurt. He hadn't drunk himself to unconsciousness or used those pills, he would've remembered that. His tongue wasn't dry. He didn't feel like he'd been hit with a train. He just felt tired. Exhausted and heavy. Where was he...? He blinked. Once. Twice. A third time.

He was at Yuuei. Aizawa stood next to him, facing someone else. Who? Katsuki sat up as much as his body allowed. He felt so heavy. The principal. That was who his teacher was talking to.

"Katsuki" His teacher said to him. Katsuki couldn't get his eyes to move and look at his teacher so he turned his head, his eyes following after a moment. His teacher looked beyond worried. Why?

"What do you feel?" Shouldn't it be 'how do you feel'? What was he supposed to say in response? 'Hey I feel like my body is just a sad sack of sand-filled flesh'? Or perhaps the classic 'great, I just passed out from seeing my own mother like a weak ass kid'? He wondered which answer would be better. It wasn't often that he was asked such questions. Why did his teacher ask?

He looked up to meet his teacher's eyes. "'Zawa?" His teacher hummed, indicating he was listening. "Do I have to go home?"

"No–"

"Bakugou. If you'd like, we could pull some strings and make it so that you father is your only guardian" Nezu said, cutting off his teacher, who shot a glance at the fuzzy principal.

Katsuki didn't know how to respond to that. Would... Wouldn't his mom still do everything? What would a guardianship change do?

As if sensing this, the principal continued. "If you are solely under your father's guardianship, it would be an easy transfer to removing your mother from the picture"

Huh? Removing mom from the... Oh. Oh god. They wanted... They wanted to save him. Katsuki wiped at his eyes. They wanted to save him.

Save him. Just like the heroes were supposed to. Just like All Might should've done. They wanted to save him. Him of all people. "Why?" He whispered out. "Why now?" Neither responded, sensing his burning need to continue. "Why now? Why couldn't I be saved as a kid? Why couldn't I be saved when I called for you? When it hurt? Why couldn't I be saved? It hurt! Why didn't you stop them? Why didn't you stop me?"

He was pulled into a tight hug by his teacher. His breath hitched. "Why?"

"I'm sorry we didn't save you. I'm sorry we didn't help you earlier. We're here now. I'm so proud of you for keeping strong"

Katsuki couldn't respond, he was trying to choke back the sobs that were still escaping. He had waited so long. So damn long. He buried himself in his teacher's dark shirt. He wasn't strong. Only Purote was strong. He wasn't always Purote; he wasn't always strong.

"Thank you! " he finally managed to get out. "Thank you!"

He missed the way that his teacher shared look with the principal. He missed the mouthed 'I'll call Tsukauchi' the principal sent towards his teacher.

Word Count: 1021

So? Too soon? Okay? Horrible?