008 Dragon

He walked into the throne room with his head held high and his shoulders straight, the knights stood upright and saluted to him when he passed by. The large, open room, echoed about with a hushed conversation between King Edward and Queen Athena - Newts parents.

Newt smiled kindly to his mother and father when he approached them and stood with his hands behind his back, waiting for the king and queen to end their conversation. Athena whispered something into Edward's ear and faced Newt with a smile - a smile that Newt recognized quickly. Fake.

"I am traveling to The Meadows Of Old and I don't know when I'll return." Newt stated and quickly turned and started for the throne rooms entrance/exit. King Edward called out a stern 'no' towards the retreating man. Newt sighed and let his head drop slightly as he turned to face his parents, his feet dragging him back to the thrones.

"Father, please I-"
"No, Newton." His father stated. "The Princess of Draid is on her way here as we speak to meet you." Newt's face dropped and he looked at his mother with a look of betrayal. "You can not be serious? An arranged marriage?!" Newt shouted towards his mother, his eyes turned a yellowish goldish color and his pupils shrank to slits.

Athena stood from her throne, tears gathering in her eyes as she slowly stepped towards Newt. Her hand reached out to touch his cheek, but he pulled away from her touch and looked the other way. Athena looked sorrowfully at her son and backed away, knowing that no matter what she said to try and clam him wouldn't help. "I'm sorry." She whispered to him.

Newt looked at his father and slowly let his angered gaze fall on his mother, his eyes softened slightly. Without another word Newt stormed out of the throne room, his eyes meeting a knight's that stood by the doors. When the doors had fully shut and the throne room began to fill with silence, Athena looked at all of the knights, her eyes landing on the one by the door as she spoke to them. "Go."

One by one, the knights filed out of the throne room and back to the weapons room where they would gather swords, bows and other weapons and equipment to begin training. A knight with sun kissed skin, coffee black hair, and deep honey eyes stopped in front of the doorway and slowly backed away, his head moving side to side as he quickly walked the opposite way of the weapons room - the same way Newt had gone.

Newt paced back and forth, his hands fisting tightly and his eyes squeezing shut. His breathing began to quicken and his skin sizzled as his spirit form tried to claw its way out to the surface. He groaned in pain as he fought for dominance over the dragon that fought so fiercely to be freed out of anger.

His eyes flew open and his pupils transformed into thin slits again, the color fading into a golden yellow once more. Scales began to surface from his skin, an agonizing shout escaping his throat as he collapsed to the ground. This can't be happening now. He thought as he struggled to get it under control.

The creaking of the bedroom door caught his attention, his head lifted quickly and his eyes widened as they flashed between normal and reptilian like. "Leave now, I want no visitors!" He shouted, a grunt following as he gripped the edge of the arm chair in hopes of grounding himself to something to keep him from transforming.

"Not even me?" A deep male voice replied back. Newt quickly turned his head in shock and began backing away from him, knocking down chairs and small knickknacks that were scattered on the table. "No, Quillon. I don't want to hurt you." He said, curling in a corner and facing away from Quill.

Quill watched with saddened eyes as the man he loved hid away from him. It broke his heart to see Newt in such a painful and almost broken state. "You won't hurt me, Newt." Quill whispered, taking careful and short steps towards the dragon man. "I know you better than anyone." He crouched down beside Newt and gently placed his hand on Newt's shoulder, the Damaris man looking up at him with tearful eyes - the pain evident in them.

"I-I can't control it, Quill." Newt gasped, taking in a sharp breath. Quill placed a rough hand on Newt's cheek and carefully moved it so Newt was looking at him. "Yes. You. Can. I know you can." He said and rubbed the pad of his thumb on his cheek, wiping away the stray tear that fell.

Newt shook his head frantically, his eyes glowing brighter as more shouts of pain escaped him. Quill quickly grabbed Newt by the lapel of his coat and pressed their lips together. The glowing around Newt and Quill dimmed and what was left were two kissing lovers, their eyes closed as they held one another in a passionate and loving kiss.

When they pulled away, their chests heaved slightly as they caught their breath and stared at one another with a toothy grin on both of their lips. Newt kissed Quill one last time before pulling away and chuckling at him.

"I love you Quillon Caddel." Newt confessed and stared deeply into his lovers eyes with nothing but love and adoration. "And I love you, Newton Damaris." Quill replied and kissed him again, a smile breaking on both of their faces as they kissed one another sweetly.

Newt pulled away and lifted himself off of the floor and held his hand out for Quill to take. The two men stayed smiling at each other for heaven knows how long until Newt remembered what he had planned on doing that day. "You better get going." Quill said, interrupting Newts thoughts.

Newt nodded in agreement and started heading for his bedroom doors so he could go out the castle doors. Quill cleared his throat and nodded his head towards the balcony. Newt lowered his head as he chuckled and walked to the balcony with a smile on his face. "I think you forget you are a dragon sometimes, Newton." Quill mused as he watched said boy stand on the ledge.

"Indeed I do, Quillon." Newt smirked and Quill watched with an amazed gaze as Newts clothes sizzled and steam began slightly engulfing his body. He shot a wink to Quill and transformed quickly, his wings taking him through the air and ripping through the clouds. Quill scoffed in amusement and watched the dragon soar through the clouds, an amused and proud smile on his lips

"That's my dragon." He whispered.