003 The Brown Eyed Man

The stars twinkled brightly in the night sky above her, her white silk dress shining in the moons glow. She had always admired the stars - their beautiful blue-like glow had always reminded her of its eyes. The stag with the beautiful blue orbs that glowed immensely.

A cough came from behind her, causing the girl to tear her eyes away from the night sky.

"It's almost time child." Loraine said as she stood beside the balcony doorway. The raven haired women took notice in her daughters saddened state and stepped further out onto the balcony.

"Do you think he will come this year?" Y/n asked. She held a hopeful tone in her voice when she spoke. Loraines face softened and a small smile spread across her lips - she knew not to give the girl too much hope when it came to the Ashford Prince coming to the winter ball.

"I'm sure he will. In the mean time, you must get ready." Loraine replied, taking a hold of her daughters arm and guiding her back into her room where her lady's maid was waiting.

Y/n glanced at the stars one last time before her mother shut the balcony doors. She really hoped that Minho and Newt did a good job of convincing Thomas to come to tonight's ball.

"Brenda," her mother spoke to her lady's maid. "Is the dress ready?" Brenda nodded and walked to the trunk that sat at the end of Y/n's bed. She gently lifted the trunks heavy lid and dug out the beautiful gown that she had sown for the princess.

Y/n gasped and walked over to the older brunette girl. She reached her hands out carefully and gently ran her finger tips over the suede material and embroidered gold leaf patterns. It looked absolutely beautiful - a dress fit for a queen.

"Brenda, it's-it's beautiful." Y/n whispered as she continued to admire the beautiful creation that Brenda had made. Brenda smiled at her and ushered her behind the changing doors and waited with Loraine on the other side.

Y/n quickly slipped on the dress and emerged from behind the doors with a wide grin plastered on her face. The two women in front of her put their hands over their mouths in astonishment.

Thomas huffed as Newt helped him fix  his collar

Thomas huffed as Newt helped him fix his collar. The brunette had a million thoughts running through his head, was Y/n going to be happy to see him? Was him going even a good idea? Doubt filled Thomas and Newt could tell by the way Thomas shook his head slightly.

Newt sighed and smacked Thomas on the back of his head, a sharp thunk echoing in the room. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" Thomas asked as he rubbed the spot that Newt had hit.

The blonde haired boy gave his friend a sharp look and moved away from Thomas. "You know what it was for!" Minho walked into the room and smirked when he saw Thomas rubbing his head and Newt walking away from him. "Is he thinking about not going again?" Minho asked, a nod coming from Newt in confirmation.

Minho chuckled and took a seat in one of the chairs that sat in the corner. He lifted his feet and rested them on a small table, only for Newt to walk by and kick his feet off of it.