Chapter 9: Sydney

"Skylerrrrrr. Helooooo?" I'm gazing off, just thinking about last night with Andrew. I slowly come back from my dreamy land of fairies and flying unicorns that barf rainbows.

"Hub? What? Sorry syd, I was-" I begin to say.

"You were falling for him." She interrupts.

"No, what?! How could I-"

"I have an Insta. I saw his post last night. You two are soooo getting married, having kids, naming them Michelle and charlie."

"Do you have my whole life planned out?"

"Uh- no?"

I roll my eyes, waiting for science to hurry the f up, so I can go to art.

5 centuries later, the bell rings and I run out of class.

To my surprise. Andrew is already waiting for me. How cute.

"Hi sweety." He says kissing my forehead.

"Hiiii" I say entangling my hands in his. I kiss his hand repeatedly. Then I move to the wrist.

"Whatcha doin there?"

"Just expressing my fondness of you ." I say with a gooey smile.

He stops outside of the art classroom, enclosing me, my back against the lockers.

"Well if you wanted to express yourself, why didn't you say so earlier." He says leaning in.

The kiss was warm and passionate. I got all tingly inside and I was getting shivers just with the feeling of his lips against mine.

"Damn. We should kiss like that more often." He winks.

The school day ends and I walk to my car with Sydney. She blabbing on about something involving horses. God how she loves those things. I honestly don't think there is a minute she isn't talking about them. "Oh my gosh. And lucky has eyes that look like yours!!" She shrieks grabbing my shoulder.

"I have horse eyes?"

"Oh no, you have the prettiest ones I have ever seen. Well. Erh. Besides lucky."

"Okay, I see how it is. No ride home."

"Gasp. How dare you. I can NOT walk in my new jack Rogers, all the way home." She's grabbing on to my arm, fake weeping. She looks like she's a four year old that isn't allowed to get the chips ahoy cookies she wants.

"Pleaaasseee, I'll help you with your hair and everything for homecoming!!!" She says pleadingly.

"Sydney, homecoming was 3 months ago."

"Oh, oh wait really!? How was it with mcdreamy steamy Andrew?"

"Oh my god syd, if I give you a ride, will you shut up?"

"Yup! But you still have to tell me about it."

"I already did! It was nothing really."

"Did you twerk on him? Oh you naughty girl."

"Holy shit syd, I did not twerk on him! And I never will. What's with you today?"

"With me? I'm just being myself."

That's true, that corky red head was very nosy and forgetful. But I still love her. She was the one who brought me cookies when I had a horrible week after failing a test and going through the worst period. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I know I just met her and all, but I feel like I've known her for my entire life. She's also the one that comes to all my gymnastics meets to support me. The only time I wish she wasn't there was when she brought a giant cut out if my head. She's embarrassing, but hey, so am I.
I look over at Sydney and just smile and giggle a little bit. She's a mess.

"You coming back over?" I ask.

"Sure, you got cookies?"

"Indeed we do. Sometimes I think that's the only reason your my friend. "

"Of course not! I also like you for the ice cream." She laughs.
I hate her.
Just kidding.
Maybe.

We get back into my house and head straight upstairs. "You coming to my last gymnastics meet?" I ask.
"When is it?"
"3 months from now."
Sydney gives me a blank stare.
"What!? I just want to make sure your prepared." We laugh.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world"