Chapter 12: Get out of the house

Andrew and I broke up 4 days ago. Since then, I haven't left my bed.

I've had my family bring me food and new movies to watch. Although, I keep watching the same movies repeatedly, and only eating the cookies they decide to bring me.

My room looks like a tornado ran through it. There are tissues and empty tissue boxes all over the floor. I haven't even changed my clothes, nor taken a shower. I've only gotten up to go the the bathroom. I'm still trying to figure out a system so I don't have to get up.

Sydney has tried to call me about 17 times. Andrew hasn't called me at all. Tyler has come in and out of my room, continuously trying to cheer me up. Some of his track friends have even come. Its almost like people are acting like I died.

Maybe I am dead

I feel dead

I lay there in my bed, staring at my ceiling. No emotion, nothing. Just thinking about what could of been if I hadn't tried to manipulate Andrew like that.

My mind constantly replays his words 'look who's the player now'

I scream shoving my head under my pillow. Why did I do this!? I'm so stupid!? And why so soon to a gymnastics meet?

I should call him.

Yah, I'm going to call him.

I reach for my phone, but a hand slaps me away. I jerk my head up from underneath my pillow trying to find the creature that touched me.

Sydney.

She stands there tall and proud.

"What? So you're going to try and call him, but not even answer me?" She sasses.

I just shove my head under my pillow.

"Come on, you're coming with me." She's pulling at my feet.

"No" I mumble underneath my pillow

"You're in luck. I'm not taking no as an answer. You're coming with me, sweetheart."

Sydney yanks away my covers and attempts to move me from my bed. She's failing so miserably. Eventually she just rolls me right off onto the floor. Drags me to me closet, and picks out an outfit.

"How 'bout this one?" She asks holding up a red tight dress.

The memories flash back.
'How dare you wear this dress'
'It turns me on so much'
'If you don't want to, we won't.'
'LOOK WHO'S THE PLAYER NOW'

I don't even notice, but in balling my eyes out, hugging the red dress.

"Okayyy..." Sydney says snatching the dress from me. "How about this one?" She asks holding up a black tight dress.

I stare at the dress, then back at her. Then at the dress. Then back at her.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Ahhhh, the beast speaks."
I sit there giving her one of the most straight, serious faces.

"Skyler, we are going out. We are going to party it up, and your going to get over your stupid ex."

"He's not stupid," I respond, "I'm the stupid one."

"Honey. Even if you may be, you're still coming with me."

I sigh, standing up from my splattered position on the floor, snatch the dress, and change.

"Why do I need this?" I ask

"I told you, we are going to a party."

"Don't make me."

"You're coming. Now put on these shoes and let me do your makeup."