Chapter 17: this is where it changes

Running into the hospital, yelling at the receptionist. I'm Tyler's sister. They let me back but make Andrew sit outside since he isn't family. My heart races as I run down to his room, slowly opening the door. My mom and dad immediately turn around and look at me. They've been crying. Their eyes are red and puffy.

Mom and dad walk over and embrace me in a tight hug. We all begin to weep. When the hug breaks I walk to the side of Tylers bed. He's conscious, but just barely. I wrap his hand in mine.

"Tyler, " I croak. "Tyler, thank you. For being the best big brother I could ask for. Thank you for watching after me, and making sure I don't make stupid mistakes. Tyler, I need you to fight, take whatever you have in you left and fight. I can't lose you. Just like a year ago when you couldn't lose me. You mean too much to me Tyler. You're the only sibling I have. Who else will have nerf gun wars with me when I get home from school. Who else will make fun of me when I dance like a chicken or tell a stupid joke. Come on Tyler. Fight this for me. Fight hard. Infinity. " I finish, my voice drifting out. "Infinity, infinity,infinity. 1million times infinity."

I sit in a chair directly next to his bed, my hand still cupping his. I rest my head on his bed. Never letting go. "Infinity." He croaks.

That was the last time I ever heard him say that.

He died 2 hours 36 minutes later. I don't think the realization of it hit me. Not at the moment. We were told to clear the room and to start planning a funeral.

I remember walking out of the hospital doors into the waiting room. Andrew immediately standing up and quickly walking towards me. I was staring at the ground. He embraces me in a hug. A warm special hug, but I couldn't even appreciate it because of the shock I was in. He's not dead. There's no way. He, he just can't be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
authors note: thank you so much for reading this far! Please vote and comment. I want to make this story better for you guys!

Btw, the picture you see at the beginning of chapter is what Andrew and sky's hug.

Sorry for the short chapter! I'll keep writing, I promise.