Chapter 15: The meet

Today is the day. A life or death situation. Literally. I have to decide whether I want to do the skill that nearly killed me, or just skip it and except my failure at life.

Today is the day I see if Andrew really cares. If he shows up at my meet or not.

Today is the day my whole life could change. And I'm not ready for that.

"Heyyyy, Ya winner" Tyler creepily says as I walk down the stairs.

"You're a freak."

"I don't know what yore talking about." He says in the same weird voice and Chipmunck look on his face.

"Dude, cut it out. Besides I haven't even won yet." I respond grabbing a banana.

"Skyler, don't be silly. You're going to win. No body is as good as you. Especially if you do that trick."

I tense up at the sound of him mentioning it. "The trick. I umm- don't know about that."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to worry you. Look. You'll be fine. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Oh hey, by the way. I might be a little late to the meet, but nothing to worry about. I have to drop a friend off somewhere. Their car is in the shop. "

"Okay." I begin to get nervous, if he misses my routine and I do the skill he is going to hate himself. But I don't have enough confidence without him.

"Hey, hey hey, don't worry. I'll be there. I won't miss your event."

I nod and pull him into a hug. Sydney then walks through the front door.

"Awww, I wish my brother loved me." She says walking into the kitchen and making a sandwich.

"See ya later Tyler!" She says walking up to my room.

"Bye" he waves.

"What are you doing here, Sydney?"

"You called me last night, but I couldn't talk. Stewart and I were-" she winks "ya know."

"Ew no!" I say covering my ears and closing my eyes. "No! I don't know! Why would you tell me that!? Ughh. Blagh. Thanks Sydney. Now Can't get the image out of my head."

"You're welcome. Anyway. What did you need?"

"I don't really know. I was just lonely so I wanted to talk. I was worried about the meet and wondering if Andrew shows up."

"Oh honey. After that kiss. He's gonna show up with a poster, t-shirt, hat, etc. and they will all say 'I love Skyler' and there will be a giant picture of your face. "

"You think so?"

"Oh I know so."

"You know, I also have a weird question." I curiously state

"Fire away" Sydney says while doing to figure guns.

"So um. At the club the other day. I noticed all the couples were basically doing it or having fun, and they were all happy. Is that what keeps couples together. Because Andrew and I were together and we never did that and we are now broken up. Do you think that's why he won't come back to me? Because I won't do things with him. "

"Oh my gosh! No! Couples aren't happy only because of that! Sure, I mean it's great, but that's not what makes the couple happy. If Andrew really like you, he will like you, for you. And if he's the player everyone thinks he is, then he will only ever come back if he thinks you will do things with him. Believe it or not, Stewart and k have been dating for 3 years. We didn't start doing any of this stuff until last month. And we've been so happy all three years. Please tell me you weren't considering giving yourself away just to get Andrew back."