2. REGRETS, SORROWS & LESSONS

"This is really not how I thought you guys would have your first visit here but, welcome to Jisoo's home. This is where she lived this whole time." Jonghyun said humbly, opening the huge oak doors and ushering the seven baffled boys in, as they ogled at the huge mansion with wide eyes like little children. Jungkook couldn't help but gasp. "Jisoo lives here? How is a place like this still in existence? I never heard of this place or I surely would have bought it."

Jonghyun chuckled to himself, ready to reply back when a sudden electric noise stopped them mod point, his reflexes kicking in as he pushed the seven boys behind him, staring up at the manor as it got engulfed in a thick layer of invisible shield, resonating like sound waves.

"What the heck?" Jin muttered, staring up at the same time Jonghyun found the source of it, Jina standing in front of them with outstretched hands.

"Jina?" Jonghyun called, pulling Jina out of her spell as she turned to look at him, her eyes going wide as she realised who it was. "Reaper?"

Slowly, a smile broke out in her face as she approached him, laughing to herself. "It's you! You finally returned! Where have you been?"

Jonghyun stared down at the deity, feeling surreal to know that he was acquainted with a deity of all things."'Jina...I...I was...I was in...Jina you can call me Jonghyun. I already know."

Jinas' smile dropped as she took a few steps backward, trying to keep her cool. "Jo-Jong...hyun? How-why...why would I? What do you mean...you already know?"

As the situation started getting heavier, all the while the seven boys stood in the side awkwardly, some rubbing their napes while some gawked at Jina and her appearance. Jimin even had the audacity to say something like this. "Wow...I love her sense of fashion."

It didn't take a genius to tell Jina what was going on, or what had happened. One look at Jonghyun's hollow appearance and weird clothing, Jina already knew, her hands flying to her mouth to stifle a sob, as she stared at the man before her with wide eyes. "Ho-why...why would he...what just...happened?"

Jina looked around her for answers, but once her eyes came to rest on the seven lone figures, she almost flinched, surprised to find these sudden guests. "Jonghyun...what are they...are those...those..."

"They are BTS, yes. Jisoo's group." Jonghyun completed for the deity, noticing that she was having a hard time forming a coherent sentence. The boys smiled at her, some waving while some bowing, but that only made Jina more stunned. Slowly, the realisation of the situation slowly started to sink in as she searched behind Jonghyun, or anywhere else, to see if there was anyone else with him.

"Jonghyun, where are the kids? Where did the guardians go? Why are they not here with you?" Jina asked suspiciously, knowing that whatever the answer was, she wasn't going to like it. But the one to answer her question isn't Jonghyun after all, who was already having a hard time digesting everything. So Namjoon stepped forward, starting with a formal bow.

"Hello. My name is Kim Namjoon, and I'm the leader of BTS. There's...actually, a lot has happened in the last few hours. Might we discuss this somewhere indoors perhaps?"

Sixteen minutes later, Jina was holding her head in her hands, staring at the carpet of Jonghyun's office while the rest of the boys remained scattered around, Jonghyun at his desk. "So you mean to tell me, that this whole time, you have been actually held captive by Lucifer, and you just returned with him? But now Jisoo is gone with him? Willingly?"

Jonghyun nodded grimly. "I'm afraid so."

"And the guardians? They all bailed out because Jisoo betrayed them?" Taehyung tried to correct Jina by speaking up, but the lady only raised a hand in his direction without even looking at him, her eyes trained on Jonghyun with an eyebrow raised. Jonghyun realised that he had never seen the deity of time this angry.