5. ATTACK

Narrator:

It had been another of those busy days for BTS as the boys lazily made their way back to their apartment, the three Hyundai cars pulling out of the driveway. The boys looked completely wasted, and the only thing in their mind was to get a good sleep. Yes, it had been a tiring day indeed.

Tan rubbed his big head on Jin's hip, trying to gain his attention but the elder was too lazy to do anything. "Not now Tan. Let's get some rest first." He said, but the big cat only whined, trying for a different person.

"Tan, let's play later. I'm a little tired today." Jungkook replied as the tiger approached him, but little did he know that the avatar was getting restless as his heart burnt for some reason, aching with all its might. He whined before stopping right in front of Taehyung, stopping the boy much to his irritation. He was having another one of his itching episodes and Tans whinings weren't helping him. But one look at the big cat's face had him lowering himself to Tans height as he cupped his big face in worry.

"Tan? Tan what is it? Are you okay? Tan! Tan answer me!" Taehyung demanded, stopping the boys midway as they all stared at Tan in worry. Tan's only response was a low growl as his eyes rolled backwards before he slumped to the floor.

"TAN!"

But Taehyung's scream fell to deaf ears because just then, every single street lamp that was closest to them went out, bathing them in full darkness, making them flinch and depend heavily on their senses.

"What's happening?" Jimin whispered, but the only response he received was from Namjoon as the boy's hands ignited in a ball of light. "We are not alone. There's something here."

'Or someone.' Yoongi completed, gaining everyone's attention as they all created balls of light and stared at Yoongi, who was staring straight ahead at their apartment. "Look."

To their surprise. The door was open.

Fear crept its way into the boys as goosebumps arose. Suddenly the whole atmosphere felt very cold and chilly, and they wished that whatever was happening was all just in their head, or a bad dream. But they knew better. They have a guardian who is in Hell now. They were basically shooting balls of light from their palms. Anything was possible.

The boys jumped when they heard a growl, only to realise that it was Tan who had woken up again, his eyes blazing a dark purple as he stared ahead at one of the windows on the top floor, the boys following his gaze.

All the blood rushed out of Taehyung as he stared at the tiny figure of Yeontan sitting on his window sill, staring down at him innocently. And then, Yoongi said the unthinkable. "There's something here that shouldn't be there. Something sinister."

"Yeontan!"

"Taehyung no!"

But too late, the boy was already running inside the house, followed by every other member who had at least one pet inside the house. Taehyung ran upstairs and inside his room as he found Yeontan inside, who looked completely harmless and confused. In one swift motion, he picked the dog up and hugged him tight, much to the dog's discomfort.

The same happened in Jin's room, so did Namjoon's, Yoongi's and Jungkook's. After every master was reunited with their pets did they finally realise that they were separated.

And that's when all the lights went out.

Hoseok gasped, searching for anything that he could find, but coming back empty handed. "J-Jimin? Jimin a-are you there?"

"Hyung?" Jimin's soft voice echoed from the same room as the latter searched for anything to hold as well. Hoseok released a sigh of relief when he realised he wasn't alone, but that all disappeared when the realisation struck him.