31. A SWEET NIGHT

[Listen to the song when I say so.]

A slow gentle breath escaped my lips, which was a force enough to add some senses into my clouded brain as I slowly gained consciousness, my eyes fluttering open.

As they did so, the first thing I noticed was the intricately decorated ceiling above me, which was all too familiar to me. As my eyes adjusted, I took in the rest of my surroundings, my suspicions coming true.

I'm in my room. I'm back home.

Finally.

My eyes travelled the length of the room, and as they did so, it was then that I noticed the figure sitting beside my bed, clutching on to my hand as if their very life depended on it.

"J-Jisung?" The words leaving my lips were enough to jolt the blonde awake, who must have been dozing off, his eyes going wide as he stared back at me, not expecting me to be awake.

"Jisoo....Jisoo! Oh Jisoo you are awake! You are awake!" Laughing and crying at the same time, Jisung all but jumped on top of me, hugging the neck out of me before I winced, startling him. "A-are you okay? Does it still hurt?"

"Jisung wh-"

"Hold on, let me call the others. Your boys have been beside themselves with worry until Jonghyun hyung had to send them off." So saying, Jisung began walking away, so I did the one thing that would actually stop him. I grabbed his wrist, forcing him to turn around again.

"Wait. Stay, don't go. I-I need to know something. What happened back there?"

Jisung knit his eyebrows, confusion written all over his face. "Don't you remember?"

"I-I-" I remembered...but they were mere glimpses, like glimpses from a dream. "I remember the battle, I remember everything till Lucifer and I reached Mount Baekdu. It's so...blurry, like the memories aren't my own but I know they are. What happened in Mount Baekdu?"

When I turned to look at Jisung, the blonde only smiled sincerely, taking my hand in his again and pressing it firmly. "You did it Roses, you ended the war. Lucifer is gone, you condemned him to life in prison. The prophecy is gone, it's all over now."

Listening to those words, a nostalgic feeling took over me. I didn't know whether it was from happiness or the dizziness that was taking over me.

Right at that very moment, I grimaced, clutching my chest which made Jisung's smile disappear, worry creasing all over his face. "Roses! Roses are you okay?"

"It...kinda hurts. My chest hurts. Why does it hurt?" I asked, rubbing my chest while Jisung sighed, slumping down on the chair. "The dark magic inside you is meddling with your memories, it's clouding everything."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Before you condemned Lucifer," Jisung began, his eyes travelling from my face to my chest, making me glance down towards my leather suit, which, to my shock, had three long gashes in it. "He slashed your chest with his claws, I think he expected you to die from that. But your Dark magic saved you, it is stronger than Lucifer himself."

I touched the torn leather, pressing my chest but not really feeling anything. The pain was gone, like it never existed.

"It's gone." I whispered, looking back at the boy with a smile, who smiled back in return. "Thank you, for coming back to us. For coming back to me."

The air around us stilled, stopping me from even inhaling in fear of making a single sound. The two of us stared at each other, our odd coloured eyes clashing with each other as the unspoken words lingered around, waiting to be spoken.