12. I WAS NEVER ALONE

Narrator:

The colours in the room shifted around, fading from memory to memory, until it was back to the same as before, back to Jina's bedroom. Slowly, Jina lowered her hands and her glowing blue hairs fell limply over her shoulders. Releasing a long breath, Jina looked at the others present in the room, and she felt her heart going out for them.

They all looked like they just returned from war. Perhaps they did, because the look in the guardians faces was just, heart breaking.

None of the BTS boys said a word, just staring at open space while Jonghyun and Jina stared from one to another, waiting for someone to break the ice. They knew how big of a revelation this was, and they needed to give them some time.

"So...Jisoo she- she was already born once and she..." Hoseok trailed off, being the first to break the silence but also finding it hard to finish his sentence. Namjoon nodded with his lips slightly parted. "Looks like she was. You all were. You were all connected once before, and now fate brought you all together, once again."

Was this supposed to be happy news? No one knew. Because it didn't sound like one. Why? Simple. Because the truth was awfully painful.

Jimins head shot up in realisation, finally understanding what was happening. "Does that mean..."

"Yes Jimin. We are mere pawns in this game. All of us. Kpop was just a way for the divinities to bring these six ethereal beings back together, as foresighted by the prophecy made by that fallen angel, Henry." Taehyung completed, feeling like he was swallowing lead.

In all honesty, all of this sounded so bizarre. Taehyung couldn't bring himself to believe any of it. It felt like it was only yesterday that he sat up on his bed and tried talking to his guardian angel when the pencil moved and she scribbled a 'yes'. Or when he was kidnapped by Hee Jin and his guardian came to the rescue. Or when Namjoon was abducted. Or when Hyun Jin tried to ruin them. Or when the fiasco in France happened.

How could he believe in something like this? Jisoo was just...Jisoo. A girl from Ilsan who died in a hit and run case on her way to their concert. She was now their guardian angel. That's it. This was the story. This was the Jisoo he knew. But even after all that, there were things about Jisoo he couldn't explain. About how her facial features changed after she died, how different she looked from the time when she was alive. How her personality changed in that one year they were apart. Or even worse, just how much more powerful Jisoo was than any other guardian walking on earth.

It only proved that Jisoo was not a normal guardian, neither were her five companions. They were different for a reason, because of the history they shared together, and their avatars were just the living proof of all of it.

Taehyung knew then and there that he was wrong when he thought he knew Jisoo. Turns out there was so much to her that even she didn't know herself, none of them did.

Jisoo was Decoris.

"We...we turned against each other. We betrayed her, just like we did this time." Sunmi whispered as she slumped on the chair, nodding her head in agreement. "That's what Lucifer wants us to do isn't it? He wants us to repeat the same thing from before, turns us against Jisoo so that she can kill us one more time and embrace her evil because she didn't do it the last time."

"Lucifer wants Jisoo to embrace evil in her for him to take over. And in that process he wants us to turn against her and she must kill us. But I don't get it. Her father had stopped us from being around his daughter to protect her which was the wrong plan, so why would Lucifer bring us together now? Bringing us together would only mean Jisoo would be strong enough to fight him away right?" Sehul questioned, looking from Jina to Jonghyun for an answer, but the one answering was Jisung.