20. WE DIE FIGHTING

Narrator:

The explosion had them all flying from their feet, or should I say, falling from the sky as the rumble of the explosion reverberated all around the place, scattering them everywhere like dead moths.

"Gah!" Jisoo yelled, at the same time more yells escaped while she tried to maintain balance mid air but failed miserably.

The dust around was so thick, that Jisoo hadn't even realised that she had already hit the destructed floor of Seoul city until the impact landed on her.

But to her surprise, she didn't feel as hurt as she had expected. Her body jolted at the force, but that was it. No burning in her muscles, no cracking of bones. If anything, she felt like something else had borne the impact of the fall.

Or someone else.

"Ugh..." A voice grunted from behind Jisoo, making her eyes go wide at the same time she realised strong arms remained wrapped around her stomach, as if protecting her.

With quick movement, Jisoo stumbled to her feet and turned around, only to find the person she wished she hadn't.

Why couldn't it just be a Gargoyle from Hell?

Of course it won't. Because a Gargoyle from Hell would want you dead, not saving you.

If anyone, it would be them of course.

This time, it happened to be him.

"TAEHYUNG!" Jisoo screamed before rushing to the boy's side and helping him sit up.

The boy grunted again, sending all the alarms blaring in Jisoo's head.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Hyung! Hyung, are you alright!?"

When no reply came, Jisoo all but screamed in his ear drums. "Taehyung!"

"I'm fine Jisoo, stop screaming in my ears."

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?"

Taehyung looked at the girl kneeling beside him, his face contorted into a grimace. Dust coated his smooth skin with bruises and tried blood here and there. His hairs were a mess, and yet he still remained to look the same Kim Taehyung the world knew him to be.

"I'm fine Jisoo. We have to g-"

"You could have died! You are in pain! I'm sending you home right now!"

"But I didn't, and I'm not going home for the death of me. I'm fine look-" But the boy never finished his words because just then, Jisoo pulled him into a tight embrace, trying to calm him but actually calming herself.

Tears stung her eyes at the thought of what just happened. She knew that they would go to any lengths to protect her the way she condemned herself to be their guardian forever. But selfishly, she dislikes it.

She didn't want them to do that, she didn't want them risking their lives for hers. She was already dead, barely anyone cared when she died, just being one of the many victims of a hit and run accident.

But if something were to happen to BTS, the whole world would go into a roller coaster. They were too important, they shouldn't be doing things like this. She should be keeping them away from all this, not bringing them alone.

What have I done?

As if on reflex, Jisoo went still when she felt a hand patting her back in a way of comfort, making her realise that she was hugging Taehyung in the middle of a battle with him being injured.

But it seemed like Taehyung was the least bothered by that as he continued patting, until Jisoo finally eased into the hug, letting a tear or two fall.

"I'm not going anywhere Jisoo." Taehyung said slowly and calmly, letting the words sink in. "I'll stay here and fight, because that's what I'm supposed to do. And don't tell me this isn't mine to fight because it is, in all honesty. The fate of the world depends on this battle. Our families are unsafe. Our guardians' future is in stake. How am I not supposed to fight? Hmm?"