23. THE CHOICE IS YOURS

I stared at the man with my lips slightly parted as he waited for my answer patiently. He had something to show me, but what?

And...did he just say he can bring them Back to life?

I turned around and glanced at my guardians who looked as confused as me. However when my eyes met Jisungs, he gave me a firm nod in return, as if to say 'go for it.'

I did.

Glancing one last time at my precious boys and their peaceful faces, I turned back to Ragul with a serious expression.

"Lead the way."

Ragul nodded, and the golden portal reappeared.

Hopefully, something good will come out of this.

-------

Why did I even hope?

I stood rooted to my spot, teeth gritted as Ragul stalked around leisurely like he was in a park, but the place we were in was far from it.

"Why are we here?" I gritted out, glaring at Ragul although I knew I could be killed for it.

Ragul however didn't seem fazed by it as he stared at his surroundings with his chin pushed forward. "I told you I wanted to show you something."

"A barren battlefield from some thousand years ago? Yes I already saw this. Didn't end well.

"Have you now?"

"Yes."

"Tell me what you saw."

What?

I stared at Ragul as he finally stopped walking and turned to look at me with a blank expression. He was waiting for a reply, but I had no idea what to say.

We were in the battle field, the last battle Caracan had ever had, a civil war at that.

The one war that had ended them once and for all. Annihilated every single tribe, including Decoris's tribe.

My tribe.

What was I supposed to say? That I slayed my own friends in cold blood and watched as every single one of my soldiers fell, until I fell too? Dying in the hands of the angel that loved me as his own life partner?

"Well?" Ragul pushed on, but I seriously couldn't bring myself to spill my guts. I wouldn't.

"Why are we here Ragul?"

"Where do you think we are?"

"In Caracan."

"No. We are still in South Korea. Seoul."

Wait what?

Before I could voice my confusion, Ragul spoke up again. "While I might have the power to breathe life into things, I do not have the power to control or move time, that isn't in my domain. It was under someone who is now...gone."

I looked away from the man, swallowing the spit while staring around at the red mud underneath me. The last thing I wanted was to remember Her.

According to Ragul, we were still in Seoul. Did that mean that this place was...The older version of South Korea?

"East Asia. Caracan was the older version of East Asia." Ragul suddenly spoke up, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I did not know what to say, nor did I trust my voice to speak coherently. But Ragul wasn't waiting anyway as he moved on about again, staring at our surroundings. "And South Korea just happened to be the very field where you all killed each other. You remember that, don't you?"