Chapter 16

I led Hugo out into the living room, he whined and sat down on the chair Joel was sleeping on. ''Sleep, Hugo,'' I told him, I pet his head gently.  Joel went out and went to go find a horse, I don't know what his intentions are. Espaccisly his face at dinner yesterday and he watched Hugo eat the rabbit not knowing it was killed, Ugh. I am such a bad person. Ellie got in her regular clothes and walked up to me, She looked at my clothes/armor that laid on the rusty table in the living room, She stared at them. ''Amicia, your armor is really badly made. Who made this for you?'' She Bleated, I sighed. ''My Aunt, Esme. She was way into medieval fights, I am pretty sure she just made this as I costume, but I fixed it a lot, what's wrong?'' I replied, She rolled her eyes. ''Let's go to the workbench, gimme your sling.'' I sighed and grabbed my sling, I followed her into a small little office. I saw a light and supplies, I put my sling on the table. ''Okay, Amicia. Your sling is going to make it hard to kill enemies, especially when you are entering this type of town. I think you can make the shots better, not have so much weapon coil.'' She inserted she pulled out some supplies that laid in front off the workbench, she removed some of the sling parts and replaced them with these rubber bandy things, then used glue to glue it all together then wiped it off, she handed it to me. 

I looked at my sling in awe. 

I felt lighter, looked pretty awesome. She smiled. ''Thanks, Ellie. I couldn't do all of this without you.'' I told her, I smiled. I saw the blushed. ''Go ahead, give it a try.'' She handed me a rock and I inserted it into the main point of the sling, I whipped it back and forth, it felt better than before. I got faster as I whipped it again, then I swung the rock against the wall, it left a mark as it hit, the boom startled me. I smiled. ''Wow! Ellie, Where did you learn this?'' I asked, in awe. She shrugged. ''Joel.'' She smiled, throwing me my armor. ''Amicia, that golden silver thingy in front of your armor isn't protective. Flip it back and replace it with some glue, that should make it nice. Find some wool to wrap it around your neck, you should be fine.'' She directed, I rolled my eyes and smiled. 

After a few minutes, I came out with my upgraded armor and clothing. Ellie smiled. ''It looks great, Amicia! You are getting really good on upgrading, all thanks to me!'' She joked, I laughed. ''Thanks, El. And I know, my french accent really pulls it off!'' I joked as well, she laughed. Hugo approached me as Ellie put on her backpack. ''Amicia...Where are we going?'' He wondered, I bit my lip. ''Hugo, listen. I am going somewhere for a little while, I am going to find you a doctor for your head, that only fact is that I am going alone.'' Hugo gasped, I held his cheeks. ''Now..Listen. When I am gone, you have to promise me you will stay safe with Joel and Ellie. Be a good boy for me, okay?'' I told him, he sniffed and nodded. I kissed his forehead and he walked over to Ellie, who pointed outside. ''Alright, Joel's here. Let's go.'' She recalled, I nooded and held Hugo's hand, we approached the pretty brown and white horse. Hugo smiled happily.

''Wow! A Horse! A Horse! Look Amicia! Can I ride on it!?'' I laughed. ''Yes, Hugo.'' I picked him up and put him on the horse, He smiled happily. I got on next as Ellie rod in front of Hugo, Joel looked at us all. ''Ya'll ready?'' She asked. ''Yes!'' Claimed Hugo. I nodded, so did Ellie. Joel nodded and we all rode off, I stared at the veins on Hugo's neck silently.