Chapter 7

THE NEXT DAY

I awoke quickly, right at the crack of the cold morning. I mumbled something to myself as I put my hand on my head, groaning.  It was a rough night last night. Hugo kept hearing the rats outside, and he complained to me every single second about how bad his head was hurting. I am surprised I got any sleep, I don't remember closing my eyes. I sat up from the floor and rubbed my head, I looked to Hugo who stole the raggy blanket. I sighed and tapped his shoulder gently, His eyes opened. He whined, shoved the blanket off of him, he then yawned and stared at me. 

I yawned silently as I spoke.  ''Come on, time to go, Hugo,'' I whispered, he nodded and got up, then held my hand as we went out the rusty door. I looked around and felt the cold run up my spine, I shuddered then looked at Hugo who didn't feel the same cold I did. I still haven't talked to him about what happened that day when we crossed the field and what or who took him, maybe later. I bent down to his size again. ''Hey, You wanna tell me what happened last night?'' I asked, tugging onto Hugo's shoulders. He shook his head. ''I couldn't sleep. My head hurt when I sensed the rats outside, I dunno Amicia.'' He answered, I looked towards the forest. 

''Okay...We'll talk about it later, alright?'' I listed, standing up.  Hugo nodded, I held onto his hand again. We continued to walk, hoping to find a town when I felt his hand tugged and let go of mine. I looked behind me, he has his hand on his head and whimpered. I paused, then walked towards him. ''Hugo!? What's wrong?'' I asked uneasy, reaching out my hand to him. Hugo didn't answer, he just let out a little scream as his hands grasped onto his head, I came to his side. ''Amicia...M-m-My head.....I- it hurts Amicia...'' He whined, I looked around me. I tugged onto his hand. ''Hugo!? Can you walk?'' I asked again, worried as Hugo let out another scream. But he didn't answer. I knew he shook his head, I frowned, knowing what I had to do. 

I bent down in front of him, sighing. ''Come on, Hugo. Get on my back.'' I sighed, I could feel his weight get on my back. He wrapped his arms around my neck and shoulders and I held onto his legs, I walked slowly. ''Hugo...You...Got...So...Heavy..'' I whined, I didn't know what I was walking into...I guess. 

Hugo giggled, he gasped in awe. 

''Look! Amicia! A house! A house!'' He pointed towards another field, lights around and a small little house right around in front of us.