Chapter 30

5 WEEKS LATER

I have been struggling to keep the secret from Hugo that Ellie and Joel had left. I remember the day they left, and Hugo woke up not long after. He kept asking where they were, I just remember saying that Ellie was sick, and Joel was out getting stuff for her....But I knew my lie wouldn't last forever, Hugo will find out soon enough. 

We were trudging towards a field, the veins on Hugo has now made it to his legs, Covered his whole neck, covering his arms, and already hovering over the side of his cheek. His headaches effect everything he does, I have to constantly carry him everywhere...I have no idea what to do....So Hugo and I are heading over to a farm, Hugo loves looking at animals. Maybe that will trigger him to embrace the rats....? 

I don't know. I just want this all to be over. Hugo's headaches will be gone...I have to teach him to  embrace the rats!?? The rats have to be gone- The mobs have to stop killing people one by one- The stupid damn rats have to stop ruining the world!

I have to stop killing people!

I need my innocence!

I need-

''Amicia? Are you okay? Amicia!?'' I froze, Turning around quickly to face Hugo behind me, He was sitting on the muddy grass floor, I sighed. ''Yeah...I'm sorry- Hugo. I'm fine. Can you sit up from the floor, Please? It took me a long time to fix your clothing.'' I replied, He nodded and stood up. I bent down to his size, butterflies floated around us. I knew we were close to the farm.  ''My head hurts though! I don't want to walk!'' Hugo complained, a frown glaring across his face.  I sighed, picking him up and holding onto him tightly, He let out a small giggle. 

''This is fun! Keep walking! Yay!'' He beamed, I smiled a little. ''Amicia...Where are you taking me? I see a lot of fields, are we going to a house?'' He asked, I shook my head. ''No, Hugo. I'm taking you to a farm, with lots of animals....And rats...'' I mumbled the last part of what I said, He looked away. ''Oh No...Amicia...My head! My head! Put me down! Put Me down! Ow! Ow!'' I stared at Hugo frantically, I listened to what he said. ''Ow! Ow! It hurts! IT HURTS!'' He yelled, I stepped back in horror. 

His veins. 

They began to stretch across Hugo. 

The veins covered his whole face, I screamed out of terror. 

''AMICIA! IT HURTS REALLY BAD! OW! I CAN'T BREATHE! HELP ME- OW!'' 

Hugo yelled, putting his hands on his head and ripping out his hair, I shook my head out of fear. ''Hugo!? Hugo!! Talk to me! What's happening? HUGO!'' I yelled to him. I looked down at the ground, It began to shake. 

I watched in horror as darkness caved around me, Rats beginning to crowd over Hugo.