Chapter 31

I hyperventilated as darkness closed around me.

I looked at Hugo and ran towards him, Right as I tried to catch him he disappeared.

I looked around myself.

I was in a hole.

But it was no ordinary hole I thought I was in.

It was built up of mold, gold streaks flashing through the moldy sides of the hole and floor. Inside the hole smelt terrible.

Like dead bodies.

Like dead bodies I killed.

I looked below me as I felt moving objects bite my ankles. 

Rats.

Rats screeched under me, barely towering over my legs.

I screamed and tried to run away, I was caught in the darkness of the hole.

''HUGO! WHERE ARE YOU!?? HUGO!''

I screamed his name, fear and tears in the tone I spoke as I tried to trudge forward.

''HUGO....! PLEASE COME BACK! HUGO! HUGO, PLEASE! I NEED YOU! I NEED YOU!"

I trudged slowly through the hole, The rats screeching ringing out my ears. They wouldn't stop. I was being to tortured.

I looked around myself...Thousands of dead bodies circled around me.

Trying to grab my arms.

Trying to rip out my hair.

Trying to kill me.

''You killed us all....You no longer have innocence....Hugo belongs to us now....You doubted everyone...You have killed us!....Now we kill you!....'' The voices hissed in my head, I shook my head.

This can't be happening! It's not real! It's not real!

''NO! NO! I DON'T CARE IF I KILLED YOU ALL!

I'LL DO IT AGAIN! I'LL KILL YOU DAMN JERKS AGAIN!''

I yelled back, Overwhelmed by the rats under me who followed my every move.

''HUGO! HUGO! PLEASE! WHERE ARE YOU?......WHERE ARE YOU!?''

I began to cry, I tossed and turned throughout the hole, The rats beginning to crawl into me.

I looked around myself as I screamed Hugo's name again.

Until I looked ahead of me.

The hole ended...But where it ended laid a small figure that I knew.

Hugo.

I screamed his name and trudged forward, Darkness surrounded me again as I looked down, Billions of rats were under me.

Billions.

They screeched and tumbled under me.

But they wouldn't attack.

Because Hugo was there.

I began to hyperventilate again as I trudged forward slowly, Hugo right in the middle of the dark.

His back was turned to me.

His veins crowded over his whole body, I shook my head in terror as he began to walk further into the darkness.

''HUGO! NO! HUGO! IT'S ME! AMICIA! HUGO, PLEASE! WHERE AE YOU GOING!? PLEASE COME BACK TO ME! PLEASE!!!''

I yelled towards him, I froze.

Hugo froze as well.

But he began to turn around.

I couldn't look at him.

Rats- They circled around his face and body. I couldn't see any of his skin.

He turned into the tower of rats.

I shook my head in terror of denial when Hugo spoke.

''Amicia...You have failed me. I hate you! You lied...You have lost your innocence, You lost me!"

Hugo spoke, His voice no longer sounded sweet and tender.

He sounded like a devil. The anger in his voice....

Hugo shook his head and now began to walk further into the darkness, farther away from me.

Causing the rats to- Attack me.

I shook my head in terror as I watched the rats begin to circle around me.

''HUGO!....HUGO! NO.....COME BACK! HUGO! THEY'RE GOING TO- AH! AH! NO! NO! AHHHHH! AH!  HUGO!''

The rats circled around my ankles.

My legs.

My waist.

My head.

I reached out my hand as the rats devoured me.

''HUGO! HUGO!''