Perhaps love

Jennie

We head to our lockers first to grab our books,

Then, we make our way to the classroom.

We sit down on our seats as we wait for the rest of the class and Mrs. Areum to arrive.

She has to be my favorite teacher.

She's so nice and she always asks us if we need help with the lesson.

She also tells us to call her by her first name instead of her surname.

So we call her Mrs. Areum.

Soon, people start coming in.

"OMO! Unnie I love both of your voices. Jinja! You sound amazing! Can I get a photo with both of you?" our classmate A-yeong asks.

"Wah, of course! We should be thanking you for liking our cover!" Chae replies.

Then,

Mrs. Areum comes in.

"Chaeyoung-ah? Jennie-ah?" She called out.

"Ne~" We answered in unison.

"I love your cover, you both are amazing! I'm so happy to have such talented students!" Mrs Areum says, complimenting us.

"Wah, kamsamnida! We're so happy you like it~!" I respond.

"Why does everyone think they're good? They sound so normal, bad even! Stop pretending to like them, they need a reality check." Kwang-nyun comments from behind.

"What? That's my opinion. Deal with it."

My blood boils, and I'm about to answer when, surprisingly, Mrs. Areum answers instead.

"Hey! Not everyone likes the same things but there's a fine line between opinion and hate. Your uncalled for "opinion" isn't needed and neither is your presence in my class. Go to the principal's office. Maybe she'll be thrilled by your presence, I doubt it though."

Everyone in class gasped.

I knew she was cool, but I never knew she was savage!

I'm so proud to have her as my teacher.

Jinja!

"Aish, I forgot my phone! Anyways, let's get to the lesson, now that the disturbance is gone, please open your books and turn to page sixty-four." She orders.

Then, the discussion begins.

"Okay so, the quiz will be on Friday but don't worry-" She says as she gets cut off by a voice.

"Eomma, you forgot your phone-"

A voice calls out.

An all too familiar voice.

Our eyes meet as you enter the classroom.

Those familiar brown orbs, encased in these cat-like eyes.

"Nini?" you call out.

I whip my head to Mrs. Areum.

"May I use the restroom please?" I plead.

"Ah, okay Jennie." She nods, albeit confused.

I run out of the classroom, in tears.