First date gone wrong (part two)

We got back at like eight that night. Sarah and Adam immediately went up to her room to know who knows what. *wink.*

Me and Callan stayed in the living room and looked through our movie options. Ironically I won and we settled on the fault in our stars.

"You've seriously never seen this movie." I said. It wasn't a question, but a statement.

"Nope. Pretty sure I've had enough death for a life time."

"True but this movie captures all that matters about life. And I mean, sometimes you need to cry."

"I don't cry."

"Please," I scoffed.

"Nope. Not since I was seven," he smirked.

"I don't believe that for one second."

"Hey that's not my problem," he said. That was when Hazel started talking about her random Peter Gabriel songs and romance. I didn't buy into all of it.

We probably made it through a third of the movie before the rest of my roommates showed up. Kira was first. She greeted us and then went to do homework or something. Then Maura who just got food and left. I was pretty sure she was drunk. Then Bay who walked through the room sobbing.

"Bay are you okay?" I asked. She nodded and walked to the bathroom. I should have seen it then. We had all learned to ignore it though. I laid my head on Callan's shoulder.

I know now that I subconsciously heard a crash in the bathroom but I didn't really notice it right then. I'm a bad friend.

Around where Augustus gets in trouble at the gas station, I got up.

"I have to go to the restroom," I told Callan.

"Ok, I'll be here," he said. I walked to the restroom. I opened the door and the sight made me want to throw up. I screamed for Callan. I felt him run up behind me. "Holy shit," he said. I heard him tapping on his phone. He was calling for an ambulance. The world started spinning and I couldn't hear what he was saying.

For Bay was laying on the bathroom floor surrounded by a pool of blood with pills of all different sizes and colors around her. In her right hand was a razor. She was unconscious.

Bay had tried to kill herself.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

We just sat in the waiting room with my other roommates and also Adam and Charlie. And the Puppy had come. The interrogation of Puppy had gone a little something like this:

Kira: so, did Bay explain why she was breaking up with you?

Puppy: no, she said she might have feelings for someone else though.

Maura: did she give you any indication that she would be doing this?

Puppy: no. None at all. She got really depressed though after we broke up, I noticed that. She stopped coming to class all together.

Sara: wait, she didn't go to class? She leaves really early and comes back late what the hell has she been doing?

Puppy: no idea. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

And now we are just waiting for the doctors to tell us what will happen.

Me and Callan just sorta sat there. We talked a little bit. I was worried that this reminded him of his sister though. I kept looking over at him and he just stared ahead. At some point he excused himself and just walked out of the hospital. I looked at Maura and she shrugged as if she didn't know what was happening.