The biggest decision

Today was the day.

I was moving away. I would land in New York at five tonight and me and Jared were to be roommates until we decided where we wanted to live. We were staying in the Trump again.

All my boxes were going to leave tomorrow. I just had a suitcase and a purse.

Everyone was here for breakfast as a going away party. Everyone had pitched in and made a buffet type breakfast. All of the next door neighbors were here, from each side. Everyone's boyfriends and friends had come to say goodbye. Even Callan was here.

We all just talked and talked about how we would miss each other. I told my roomies how I would miss them and what I loved about them. We even cried a bit.

Then the time came. Maura would be driving me again. I got in the car and we drove in silence for a while.

"I can't believe I have hardly known you five months and it hurts this much to lose you," she said.

"I know. I am going to miss you so much. You are by far the best friend I ever had. Ever, and I mean it."

"If you ever come to Hawaii on tour you better bet your ass you're staying with me and not some fancy hotel."

"Same to you when you're in New York."

"Ugh Ev I am going to miss you. We were all better people when you were around. We all fought like hell when you were gone. We are going to need a new Ever."

"Ugh Maura I have to go live with a boy."

"A hot boy!"

"He isn't that good looking."

"Shut the fuck up Ever you may be in love with my ex but you can not deny that that Jared is one hot boy."

"Can I tell you a huge secret that I haven't told anyone?"

"Of course."

"Two nights to the concert, Ray said he had to get rid of his alcohol before he left, and so we all drank while Linsey took you guys to dinner and when Ray left things got out of hand and-"

"You didn't!" Maura screamed.

"No! No! We just made out, but we ended up in a bed together and I just feel so awful because I feel like I was cheating and i don't know what's happening."

"Ever, though that wasn't like you at all, it's also not cheating as you weren't dating him. But I still can't believe that!"

"Yeah, that's why I'm worried about living with Jared."

"He seems like a good guy. I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't drink. And if you do don't drink too much."

"Thanks Maura," I said. We pulled up to the airport. She got out of the car and grabbed my bags for me. Then she pulled me into an extremely tight hug.

"I am going to miss you like crazy."

"I am going to miss you too."

"Bye babe," she said.

"Bye baby," I said. Tears were rolling from my eyes. She wiped hers away and smiled. She turned and got back into the car. There wasn't much more to say. I dragged my luggage into the ticket area. I wouldn't be checking anything today. I got my ticket and dragged my stuff to the security lane. I flipped off my phone so that it would have battery later and put everything that I needed to on the belt. I walked through the security scanner, clear. I grabbed my stuff and continued to drag it to the boarding area.

We started boarding almost twenty minutes later. I was in first class so I boarded first. When I was on the plane, I turned my phone back on.

I had two missed calls and a voice mail from Callan. I unlocked my phone and listened to my voicemail.