Chapter 15

It was an hour before the ball started and everyone was nearly dressed, ready to meet their dates. Draco was going with Harry, Enid with Ron, Hermione with Ethel, George with Maud, Fred with Millie, Cedric with Esme, Pippa with Severus, Remus with Julie, and Narcissa with Lucius. Albus had asked Minerva and Ada, who had both accepted, and of course Dobby would be escorting Hecate. The majority of the second-year students were just going in groups. Sybil, Clarice, Beatrice, Mabel and Luna were all going to be going together.

Albus had decorated the great hall beautifully, there were massive ice sculptures all around, there was even one of Dumbledore and Dobby. Albus had ended up paying Dobby to make it but the house elf had only agreed as long as there could be one of him too.

There were about thirty tables all covered in white table cloths, with rose petals scattered across them and heart-shaped balloons in the centre. Paper hearts could be seen hanging from the ceiling and there was a long table filled with food; a majority of which were heart-shaped.

Once it hit seven o'clock, the hall started to fill with excited adults and children all looking forward to the night ahead. Harry and Draco were the first to walk in. Harry was looking dazzling in his black tux and silver waistcoat and bow tie. Draco looked just as handsome in white suit. He'd paired it with an emerald green waistcoat and matching bow tie.

Hermione and Ethel were next to enter. Hermione was wearing a beautiful, yellow, floor-length ball gown and Ethel looked stunning in her backless, black evening dress with a silver sequined belt tied around her middle.

Enid had decided on a lilac halter neck crop top with a matching flowing skirt, while Ron had settled on a cream tux with a lilac waistcoat and tie.

Maud strolled in confidently wearing a simple peach dress with a lace bodice and a flared skirt, while George, who entered with her had colour co-ordinated and was sporting a peach coloured suit with a white shirt and a peach tie.

Millie was next with her red, floral print maxi dress and arm in arm with Fred, who had also chose matching colours. He wore a white tux with a red waistcoat and a red bow tie.

Esme was wearing a rose gold evening dress, while Cedric wore a black tux with a rose gold waistcoat and tie.

Albus, of course, had to be the show stopper. He strolled straight in wearing a rainbow sequined suit and rainbow sequined top hat, with a woman on each arm. Minerva had chose to wear a vintage style green tartan dress and Ada wore the same style dress but in red tartan.

The whole hall went silent with awe when the next pair came in. Hecate looked completely different in her elegant, off-the-shoulder, navy blue dress which had silver sequins on the bodice. Her midnight black hair was flowing in waves down her back and she looked breathtaking, while Dobby was stood proudly next her wearing a navy blue tux with a a little silver bow tie. Everyone gushed over how adorable he looked.

Severus strutted in after them and much to Hecate's surprise, he had Pippa Pentangle on his arm. Severus was actually looking quite handsome in his black suit and white shirt, which he'd also paired with a hot pink bow tie. Of course, Pippa looked her usual gorgeous self. To nobody's surprise, she was dressed in a hot pink, satin, ball gown. Severus' tie had originally been black, but Pippa had, of course, changed it to match her dress.

The next couple to walk through the doors were Narcissa and Lucius. Narcissa looked stunning as always. She wore a silver, sequinned, mermaid dress, with a split that stopped just above her knee, while Lucius wore a steel grey suit with a silver tie.

Hecate couldn't quite figure out what was going on. She had thought for sure that Julie would arrive with Pippa, but she hadn't. In fact, Julie hadn't arrived at all and Pippa had come with Severus. She pondered on why that could be. Maybe they weren't ready to go public yet. There was a big part of her, a part she would rather ignore, that hoped against all hope that she had been wrong about the two of them and that they really were just good friends. But that was selfish of her, wasn't it?