Chapter 9

I answer the phone.... Hello this is the police office, we need you down here right away Luke asked for you.

I hang up the phone and leave to go down to the police station.

"Hello my name is Zoe, I was called to visit Luke" I said to the women at the front desk.

"Follow me" she said while getting up and walking me to a room in the back.

"Hi I'm the officer that called you, Luke has requested to talk to you" he said.

"Okay" I said while walking into this room with a table and two chairs.

Luke walks in and sits down. His officer stays in the room to make sure he doesn't go crazy but I trust Luke he won't hurt me.

I sit down across from him. we sit there for about five minutes before he speaks.

"Zoe I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing" he said while trying told hold back his tears.

"Ben is okay" I said.

"Please forgive me, I can't live with myself if you don't" he said while still trying to he back his tears.

"I don't know if I can, you tried to kill Ben" I said while putting my hand on his.

He started to cry then left. I also left and texted Ben... hey I just talked to Luke.

He didn't answer so I guess he was asleep so I decided to walk home.
__________________________

I wake up the next morning with a text from Ben saying to meet him at the coffee shop around the corner. I get ready and leave.

"Hey" he says while giving me a hug.

"Hi" I say back.

We sit down and get our coffee and some muffins.

"What did you need" I asked him while taking a muffin.

"I just wanted to know what Luke said" he said.

"Well he wanted me to forgive him and I said I couldn't because he tried to kill you then I left" I said.

We sat there in silence for five minutes until my phone rang.

"Hello" I said answering the phone.

"Hello this is the police office again we need you and Ben to come down here right now" he said.

"Okay I'm on my way" I said while hanging up the phone.

We left the coffee shop and headed to the police office. We walked in and the same lady from yesterday was sitting at the front desk.

"Hello I'm here to see Luke again" I said to her.

A big man walked out from the back and motioned me to come with him so I followed. He took me to a different room and and we sat down.

"I have some bad news to tell both of you" he said.
__________________________
I dedicate this chapter to dangoella she is one of my best friends and she has a very good book. I hope you like my book. bye👋😘