LAVENDER: Episode 3.14, Finale

After 4 tiring weeks of walking and driving to find a working ice cream machine...I finally have your orders from McDonald's! 

🍔🍟🥤🍗🍦🧃

________

When Mayumi let sleep overtake her, she was expecting to see some type of dream like Douma's dream room...

Not to the sound of nails scratching against a chalkboard.

You fool. You're going to die with the pool of blood around you as your only witness all over again.

'Why....why me?' Mayumi sighed in her dream. Whatever high being up there watching her sure liked to make her suffer.

Why can't the voice just let her sleep!!? She had enough with the mirror and now this? No thank you.

"Can you please shut up? You're annoying."

Don't get bold with me, pest. You'll regret talking to me with such a lowly demeanor.

"Oh no...Shiver me timbers." Mayumi said with a monotone voice, internally rolling her eyes. What could the voice do? Throw hands? As if.

"Masami."

The taunting cold voice immediately disappeared after Giyuu's call sounded out, letting Mayumi release a breath of relief.

The scenery of her dream changed to a forest with clear sunlight, giving a sense of tranquility. The birds chirped and the sound of the waterfalls rang through the forest.

Mayumi turned and faced the Water Hashira, who was standing in front of her. Just as she was going to greet him, she noticed a small figure timidly standing behind him. Curious as to who it was, Mayumi put her focus on the new person. "Oh? Who could that be?"

Upon hearing her question, the figure timidly peeked from behind Giyuu, letting Mayumi see the figure's dark blue eyes and black wavy-ish hair. Giyuu moved to the side, letting the ravenette get a full view.

Standing behind the Hashira was a short boy wearing a white yukata with a red haori. Based on the boy's fading baby cheeks, he was probably around the age of 12. Not only that, but he didn't look so confident the moment his eyes met with the girl's fuchsia ones.

The boy frowned, feeling a bit intimidated. He played with his fingers, glancing at his feet and then the girl. "H-Hello."

Mayumi's eyes widened for a moment, realizing who the boy was. An ex-demon.

Sensing his nerves increasing, the ravenette snapped out of her shock and gave the kid a small smile, to show she meant well. "Hello, Rui."

Rui nodded back, still fiddling with his fingers for a brief moment before returning a small smile. If Mayumi and Giyuu knew nothing about Rui's inhumane crimes, they would have thought the boy was an angel.

Giyuu looked over at Mayumi with his normal blank expression, noticing the ravenette's soft look, "Rui got lost after you freed him from the...ex-obsessed boy. Thankfully, he found me so I'll be taking him back to rest." He announced, sensing Mayumi's inner questions about their sudden appearance in her dream.

"I see. Well, I'm glad things were settled in the end then." Mayumi briefly smiled, her fuchsia eyes blending with her once motherly touch. "I wish you two safe travels." She prayed.

Rui looked at Giyuu with an urgent but silent message, slightly tilting his head towards the ravenette.

Understanding his message, Giyuu faced Mayumi, "...He wanted to say something."