chapter seventeen: kanima on the loose

XVII

Leo's Point Of View

Leo's Point Of View

"SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WITH HIM NOW?"

The room was quiet, so I looked at the other two people who were currently in here with me. Only to see them looking at me like they were waiting themselves.

"Why do you both have this look like I'm supposed to have the answer to that?" I asked.

Erica and Isaac glanced at one another.

"Well, your plan got him here. Shouldn't you be the one to know what to do with him now?" Erica quirked an eyebrow.

"This is the part my boyfriend usually comes up with something" I shot back just as the door to the little room we occupied opened up.

All three of us prepared to attack the incomer, with all of our eyes flashing threateningly. Stiles and my sister held their hands up cautiously, eyes wide.

"Uh, no, no, no! Just me, it's just me. Don't freak" Stiles huffed, closing the door behind him. I instantly calmed down, bringing him close to me and kissing the side of his head.

"He means us" Rylee rolled her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. Not so sure about him though" she told me while looking at Jackson who was slumped in the chair.

"He okay?" Stiles asked gesturing to the sedated Kanima.

"Well - let's find out" Isaac said, flicking out his claws.

"Be careful" I warned quickly only to get ignored as Jackson caught Isaac's swipe of the claws, twisting his arm until Isaac was close to being in his knees. Finally, he released his grip in the werewolf who was crying in pain. Isaac stumbled back behind Stiles and I, clutching his arm to his chest.

"Okay, no one does anything like that again, okay?" Stiles ordered.

"Ah, I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out?" Isaac asked through clenched teeth.

"It was enough to put him out while we brought him here" I said.

"Well, apparently this is all we're going to get. So let's just hope that whoever's controlling him just decided to show up tonight" Stiles sighed.

I seen my sister flinch slightly as she was staring at Jackson. Looking over, I seen his eyes wide open now with no sight of a human being behind them.

"I'm here. I'm right here with you" Jackson said in a voice no one almost recognized. Almost like he was possessed.

"Jacks... is that you?" I asked slowly taking a step forward.