chapter nine: confessions

IX

"My uncle said it's okay for you to stay the night" I said walking into my bedroom, closing the door behind me dressed in some shorts and a white tee from the shower I had taken in Rylee's shower

"My uncle said it's okay for you to stay the night" I said walking into my bedroom, closing the door behind me dressed in some shorts and a white tee from the shower I had taken in Rylee's shower. Stiles nodded tiredly while sitting on my bed in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist after talking a shower in my bathroom. I had suggested that maybe Stiles should come over to my place since he didn't want to be home alone tonight and the sheriff was put on duty at four the next morning. "He'll most likely want to meet you in the morning though. So, be prepared for that"

We laughed softly together. I took out a pair of boxers, shorts, and random shirt for Stiles and handed it to him. Giving him privacy, I made my way into my bathroom to brush my teeth while he got dressed.

This was the second time we had a sleepover but this time, it was planned. When I had stayed over at Stiles's that one time, it was because I unfortunately witnessed my first murder. Anyone wouldn't want to be alone after that.

"Can you help put this bandage on?" I came out the bathroom asking just as Stiles was pulling up his shorts. A slight blush rushed to my cheeks seeing a glimpse of the happy trail that lead down his stomach. I couldn't help but admire the way he looked in my clothes.

"Yeah. Let me see it" Stiles said reaching and grabbing the bandage out of my hand. I snapped out of it quickly while turning around and tugged my shirt off my body. My bare back was now facing Stiles who took his time to put the bandage over the cut the shard of glass left.

"Are you sure that thing won't need stitches?" Stiles questioned even though the cut was clean and thin.

"Hopefully not. Too many questions will come up if my uncle finds out I have a stab wound on my body" I explained while throwing the plastic trash away. Getting ready for bed, I flicked the TV on where Grey's Anatomy was already playing.

"Um it's up to you but we can share the bed if you want. Unless you're not comfortable with that- I'll just make the palette for me" I rushed out feeling awkward instantly after saying that.

"No! It's fine. We can share your bed" Stiles affirmed. "And maybe you shouldn't put a shirt on- because of your injury" he quickly suggested.

I smiled running my tongue across my lips. "No shirt. Got it" I chuckled.

The both of us climbed into the queen mattress, getting comfortable under the fluffy comforter I had.

I turned on my side facing Stiles, who also turned on his side when he seen me gazing at him. Neither of us said anything, just simply looking at each other and honestly, that was enough for both of us. The past weeks had taken a toll on us, so laying here with each other was probably the most relaxing thing we had done.

"I was scared tonight" Stiles suddenly said. "The whole time I was keeping Derek and I above the water, trying to keep away from the kanima, during all of that... I didn't feel so scared until you ran in. I could only watch as you faced it by yourself and fight it. And when I heard you scream in pain... it scared the absolute shit out of me how scared I was thinking about losing you. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to make things awkward but I can't stop thinking about it and it's making me so angry at myself that I couldn't help you" Stiles ranted.