chapter sixteen: Rylee Sharp and a surpising partner up

XVI

If Rylee could have a dollar every time her brother told her not to do something that she did anyways, she would be a millionaire by the age of eighteen

If Rylee could have a dollar every time her brother told her not to do something that she did anyways, she would be a millionaire by the age of eighteen. It was pointless for him to waste his breath when he knew she was going to do it anyways.

Tells her to not sneak out of the house - ignored.

Told her to stay away from Jackson because he was a dangerous reptile - ignored.

It was just a classic Riley move now to ignore her older brothers rules. She hated change, so she wasn't going to change being a ruler breaker. Which is exactly how she ended up with Scott McCall at his job. The Vet.

"I'm surprised your brother let you be a part of this" Scott mentioned with a light tone in his voice, eyes widening slightly as they walked to the front of the building to open the front door.

"Yeah, me too" Rylee casually agreed avoiding eye contact.

Scott noticed along with the scent Rylee was giving off. "He doesn't know, does he?" He sighed.

"Nope" Rylee pursed her lips with the P popping.

"Great" Scott exhaled heavily as he unlocked the door and opened it for Derek Hale, the Alpha, and Isaac Lahey, the Beta. Or in Stiles's words - "Derek's first bitch".

Not even two days ago was Rylee thrusted into the world of the supernatural and here she was trying to dive deeper in it. She hated not knowing what was happening, especially because her brother was part of it longer. Sure, she knew he did it for her protection. She just felt as if she deserved the right to know if half the people she walked by in school were creatures of the night or capable of doing so much more than a mere human.

"What's he doing here?" Scott asked also noticing the tall blue eyed specimen.

"I need him" Derek grunted walking in.

"I don't trust him" Scott told him, glaring at the boy as they all walked in further into the building while Scott locked the door behind them. Rylee awkwardly stood there.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either" Isaac told Scott nonchalantly.

"You know what? And Derek really doesn't care. Now where's the vet? Is he gonna help us or not?" Derek questioned.

"That depends. Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton announced his presence from the open doorway that lead to the back.