chapter twenty-one: under duress

XXI

CAN WE DISCUSS THIS GIF I MADE PLEASE?! LIKE ✨ YAS ✨

CAN WE DISCUSS THIS GIF I MADE PLEASE?! LIKE YAS

~~~~~~~~

"So this kid's the real killer?"

The ex sheriff, along with the three of us, peered down at the desk in Stiles's room where a yearbook laid out with a red circle around Matt's face. Stiles was sitting in his desk chair, while I had my hands resting on his shoulders.

"Yeah" Stiles answered his dads question.

"No" Noah responded.

"Yes!" Stiles deadpanned.

"No" Noah insisted, crossing his arms.

"Dad, come on" Stiles hopped up to his feet quickly. "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common"

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class" His dad pointed out.

I sighed as I watched the two Stilinski's argue this out. At this point, I felt bad for anyone that went back and forth with Stiles.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked hinting at something.

I could tell Stiles dad didn't want to give Stiles the satisfaction of being right but he couldn't lie. Not like his son at least. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything"

Stiles got stuck with his mouth open when he went to try and say something but his dad held up a hand.

"Scott, Leo, do you believe this?"

Scott and I glanced at each other.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us"

"We know it's Matt" I backed up Scott.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him" Stiles explained our theory further on.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Noah asked the million dollar question that everyone was trying to figure out.

"Isn't it obvious?!" Stiles exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows since I didn't know Stiles actually came up with a reason. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years"

"Oh my god" I muttered at my idiot of a boyfriend.

"Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles said.