chapter six: i love mexican

VI

The next day after the full moon, Leo stood in the gym with the rest of his class to do the rock climbing wall

The next day after the full moon, Leo stood in the gym with the rest of his class to do the rock climbing wall. His mind was still halfway out of it ever since the night before where he unexpectedly overpowered a werewolf with some type of powers. Nothing was making sense to him and no one could give him answers.

The only other person who knew of what happened that night was Stiles. Who was currently avoiding him for whatever reason. It hurt Leo's feelings slightly that he was being ignored right when he felt he needed someone the most. Especially because Stiles knew of everything that was happening in this town.

"You know, my abuela always said to speak your mind or else, your brain is going to explode from holding everything in"

Leo jumped slightly at the voice right next to him. He came face to face with Nathan. The boy who had ran into him the day before and who also flirted with him. He was dressed in black fitted shorts that stopped right before the kneecaps and a black Nike muscle shirt that fit him a little too good.

"I'm afraid if I speak my mind, nobody would be leaving this place happy" Leo told him truthfully. "Although, it is nice seeing a friendly face"

Nathan smiled.

"So tell me. What's got you so caught up in your head that it took you longer than a minute to realize I was standing next to you?" Nathan asked.

Leo was lost at words for a second trying to come up with something to say. He obviously couldn't tell him the whole truth. That would most definitely make him sound insane.

"Have you ever talked to someone, like as a friend, but the moment you actually need them as a friend... they're not there like you expected them to be?"

Nathan seemed slightly shocked that he actually received a real response from Leo. His mouth opened then closed like he was trying to come up with the right answer.

Leo shook his head with his eyes closed and mouth pinched.

"I'm sorry. That was stupid to-"

"En las malas se conoce a los amigos" Nathan recited in a perfect Spanish accent. Something about the way he said made Leo almost entranced. "Sorry, that's just something else my abuela use to say. In others words, it basically means-"

"You know who you're friends are in bad times" Leo smiled slightly. Nathan looked at him surprised, an unreadable look in his eyes.

"What? Never seen a white boy understand another language?" Leo glared playfully. He was feeling awkward by the way Nathan was now looking at him.

"You just took me by surprise, that's all. But it did give me a whole other reason to ask you out on a date" Nathan nonchalantly shrugged trying to hide his nervousness.