chapter twenty-three: stay

XXIII

VOICEOVER

VOICEOVER

Stiles: Fear is something that each one of us may have in common, but it looks different on everyone.

Lydia: It's not just a random scare that causes fear. It's something that you know is coming but never when.

Jackson: Your logic starts to decrease, along with your self control.

Derek: Fear is a kind of madness, but one that is useful if you know how it works.

Scott: But sometimes, we don't know what to expect. It's such a complex emotion, it's a part of what makes us human.

Rylee: It makes us feel helpless.

Stiles: It drives you insane.

Nathan: It might even feel like you're falling apart.

Leo: But ultimately, the worst part of fear, is the unknown.

****

The faint sound of beeping from the machines danced softly in the air. Hissing of the gas machine going off every few seconds along with chatter coming from the halls. The room was pretty bland, with off white walls and a window showing that they were on the very top floor.

"You have to be okay"

Leo laid in the hospital bed. A tube was down his throat to help him breathe. His skin complexion pale, almost to the point where he lacked color. A white bandage was wrapped around his left arm where he had stitches from the stab wound along with a sling. His eyes were bruised and there was a cut on his bottom lip where it was busted.

"Please, please, please, baby you have to be okay. I can't... I can't do this without you. The doctors say they have no idea why you aren't waking up yet. They can't give me answers and I — I'm going fucking crazy so, Leo, you can not give up on me, you hear me? You don't get to do this to me yet!"

Stiles shook his head violently as tears streamed down his cheeks. It wasn't supposed to be like this. The night wasn't supposed to turn out like this.

Suddenly, the loud beeping started coming from the machines hooked up to Leo, who also started to convulse in the bed. Stiles shot up quickly to grab ahold of his boyfriends arms.

"Hey! Somebody help!"

FOUR HOURS EARLIER

"Somebody help!"

Rylee screamed out as she cried over her barely breathing brother that was bleeding all over the floor in the police station. About twenty feet away, her uncle Vincent was fighting the hunter who attacked Leo not even a minute ago.