11

hey don't forget our plan tonight
i'll pick you up after your shift done
okay ?
and we'll have dinner together
with my friend
don't eat those cupnoodles tonight !

You chuckled while looking at the messages from Jin that you had just received. 

It was 6 in the afternoon now and you were doing your part time job at the convenience store. Jin had told you a couple days before that his friend from NZ was coming to Korea today, and he invited you to have dinner together to introduce you guys.

So there you were, trying to focus on your work while waiting impatiently for your shift to be over. 

"This is your change. Thank you, please come again." You said to your customer that had just left, and that was when you saw Jin coming to the store, smiling and waving at you.

You saw he was coming with his friend, a beautiful girl with long hair and pretty clothes. You felt your heart sink a little bit, but you tried to give your best smile to them.

"Hi, sorry I came earlier, but your shift is almost done, right ?" Jin said when getting to you.

You checked your watch and it was 7.20, ten minutes more before your shift ends. 

"Yeah, I'll be free in ten minutes." You said to him as he smiled widely at you.

"Great then, I'll just wait here." He said.

"By the way, this is Jisoo, my friend from NZ that I've told you about before. Jisoo, this is Lucé, my first friend here." He said again, introduced you to the girl beside him.

You then got acquainted with her and she seemed like a nice person. She was very pretty, with fair soft skin and long black hair, you felt like an ugly duckling beside her. And she dressed beautifully too, she must be also coming from a wealthy family.

"Alright then we'll be around looking for some snacks and stuff while waiting for you." Jin said to you.

"See ya." He said again, before he left with Jisoo, leaving you there at the cashier station.

***

"So to celebrate that Jisoo has arrived safely here in Korea, I'll take you guys to a nice dinner tonight." Jin said to you guys who were sitting there in his car, "My colleague recommended this restaurant to me, he said the seafood there's good." 

The three of you then arrived at the restaurant and the waiter there ushered you guys to the reserved table.

It was quite a fancy restaurant, the type that you had never been to before as it was way too expensive for your style. You looked at the nice interior and at Jin and Jisoo who walked in front of you, both wearing nice expensive-looking clothes, while you looked again at your dull shirt, you felt like you didn't belong here.

Jin ordered some menus for you guys as the waiter poured some wine for your companion while waiting for the food.

"So, Jisoo is one of my few Korean friends back in New Zealand. We're going to the same college." Jin told you when the waiter left your table.

"Yes, but I'm taking the art major while Jin was at the business major." Jisoo said, "But we're in the same class year." She said again, smiling at you.

"So you were born in NZ ? Or just going to school there ?" You asked her.

"I was born there, my parents moved to NZ when they were young." She told you, "I rarely come back here as I only have a few relatives here in Korea."

"But I like it here, I like the rich culture and traditions of Korea." She said again, "I kinda have a kink for traditional art." She chuckled.

"Enough about me. Jin told me that you're going to Yonsei University, and you're a scholarship student, that's amazing !" Jisoo said, leaning towards you, "So tell me about it."

The three of you then had a nice dinner with some casual and fun conversation. You got to know Jisoo a bit more and yes, she was also from a wealthy family just like Jin. But even so, she was still kind and friendly and not snobbish at all. You guys had finished your dinner when Jisoo excused herself to go to the restroom.

"She's a friendly person." You said to Jin when Jisoo left.

"Yes she is." Jin smiled, "I'm glad you guys can get along well."

"And she's so pretty too." You said again, looking at Jin.

"Yeah, she was our campus idol back then. She even became a homecoming queen once." Jin told you, "And she made lots of guys go crazy over her." He chuckled.

You sat there looking at Jin, thinking to yourself whether he was also one of those guys or not. From what you saw tonight, you could tell that they were close friends.

Or maybe they were more than just friends ? 

You felt your heart sink again. Jisoo seemed like a perfect girl, there was no way you could win from her.

***