14

Your birthday finally came and you went to Jin's place as promised. You wore some light makeup and your nicest dress as you wanted to feel special today. You even brought some food that you cooked yourself, you wanted to show Jin that he had succeeded teaching you cooking.

You arrived early at his house and saw his front door slightly opened. You peeked inside and saw Jin and Jisoo standing there at the front foyer. Jin looked stunning in his suit and he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

You could slightly hear them talking as you overheard them.

"Our wedding is gonna be held in New Zealand."

"I can't wait for that day to finally come..."

You stood there, stunned with what you just heard. 

Jin and Jisoo were getting married ?
So they really were more than just friends.

You felt your stomach sick and you didn't have any excitement for doing a birthday party anymore. You just felt stupid and shamed for thinking that maybe Jin also had some feelings for you, while the fact was he already had a beautiful fiance.

You dropped your food bag and left there abruptly before Jin or Jisoo knew that you were there. You didn't want to see them today, you didn't even know if you still wanted to meet Jin after this.

***

Inside the house,
Jin's POV

_______________

I stood there in my front foyer, waiting for Lucé. She messaged me a few moments ago that she was on her way here, so she should be arriving soon. I waited impatiently as I looked at the flower bouquet in my hands, I wanted to surprise her on this special day.

I checked myself on the standing mirror there once again. I was wearing a pastel blue suit with white shirt, and my hair was neatly combed back. I tried to look my best and I hoped Lucé would like it, as today was a special day not just for her, but also for me too.

"You looked great, Jin." Jisoo said from behind my back, tapping my shoulders, "Lucé will swoon over you." She chuckled.

"Really ?" I asked her uncertainly, "You think it's not too much ?"

She just shook her head and said,

"Nope, it's perfect."

"So, you'll confess to her today ?" She asked again.

"Yeah... But I'm kinda nervous, what if she doesn't like me back ?" I looked at her hesitantly.

"She likes you, silly." Jisoo chuckled, "I guarantee."

"How do you know that ?"

"From the way she looked at you. It's the same as the way your brother looks at me and vice versa." She smiled reassuringly.

I smiled back at her, hoping that what she said was true. Besides being my friend, Jisoo was also my brother's fiance. They had been together for a few years and were now planning for their wedding.

"So have you decided something about your wedding with my brother ?" I asked her.

"The date hasn't been confirmed yet, but we decided that our wedding is gonna be held in New Zealand."

"I can't wait for that day to finally come," I said, "That would be my brother's happiest day ever."

"And geez, could you believe that we'll finally become in laws ?" I said again, widened my eyes at Jisoo, "That would be great but weird as well." I said, making both of us laugh.

And that was when I heard a loud thud in front of my door. I looked at my slightly opened door and saw Lucé leaving my house abruptly.

"Lucé !" I shouted, rushed to open my door, but she had already left.

"Damn, I think she heard something and misunderstood it," Jisoo said, coming behind me, looking at the bag that was left in front of my door, "Maybe she's thinking we're talking about our wedding ?"

"Go get her, Jin. I'll wait here." She said again as I rushedly grabbed my car key and went looking for Lucé.

***